History of Camp Camp Ojibwa was founded in 1928 by Al Schwartz. The original site was near Three Lakes Wisconsin on Seven Mile Lake in Nicolet National Forest. Al leased an old resort called the New England resort. Seventeen boys attended camp for eight weeks. Travel was by train from Chicago to Rhinelander which took 14-16 hours. Not satisfied with the Three Lakes site Al, in 1929, leased a resort property on Little St. Germain Lake and 27 boys attended that summer. Al wanted to find a camp site that had as much lake frontage as possible, and in 1930 he purchased the current Camp Ojibwa site. Owned by the Niederlander's of St. Louis, Al purchased camp from the widowed Mrs. Niederlander. The camp was originally a summer home and was sold and financed at a bank in St. Louis where Al finalized his plans with Mrs. Niederlander.