The Rivers Grosse Pointe
900 Cook Rd, Grosse Pointe, MI 48236
|Mon - Thu:|
|Fri - Sun:|
Fax: (248) 564-5424
We checked-out quickly. Here is why:
1. They didn't verify if doctor had permissions there. Too eager to bill insurance for their guy.
2. After repeated requests to speak with a doctor, we finally saw one 6 days later. He was disorganized, rude, and too brief.
3. Typically waited 40 minutes to an hour for help. Inattentive staff too engrossed in their smartphones / TV.
4. My mom didn't recognize the pills they were giving her. Tough time learning what they were. They wanted her to take stool softeners when she had diarrhea. They wanted her to take iron supplements when not anemic. They pushed sleeping pills, though she didn't have issues sleeping. Just a way to charge insurance and put a patent at risk.
5. The meals were often served cold and seemed greasy. Any requests for minor variations (dressing on the side) was ignored.
6. Dust and flies everywhere. Questionable cleanliness.
7. The rooms are stark. Only one visitor's chair and no pictures on the wall.