925 Behrman Hwy Ste 1, Gretna, LA 70056
Parking: Lot, Free
Bike Parking: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Alcohol: Beer, Wine
Takes Reservations: No
Outdoor Seating: No
Price Range : Average
No coupons available
Be the first to add a photo!
07/03/2010Provided by Citysearch -
After seeing thuggurl228's review, I was a bit skeptical when my family suggested Panda King for my wedding reception but I was pleasantly surprised.
I am from out of state and I decided to have my reception at Panda King but I wasn't able to contact them about it until the month of. I realize that June weddings are popular and I was not even sure if I could get book my reception there. The management was very accommodating and made the extra effort to add me on the schedule. I was very grateful because I heard from friends in the area that they are always completely booked.
We had an open bar as well. The drinks were not too weak. My guest who wanted a bit more alcohol just ordered double shot drinks.
The management communicated well with me before the reception so I had no worries by the time my big day came around. Everything ran smoothly and I have recommended this establishment for my sister's wedding next year. Thank you, Panda King.
01/23/2010Provided by Citysearch -
Despite multiple meetings and emphasis on particular requests for our wedding reception, Panda King did not meet all the provisions as they had promised. We were greatly disappointed and frustrated with the service provided by their management and staff. They were unprofessional and rude to us and our guests. If we knew what we know now in hindsight, we would definitely have taken our business elsewhere. We would NOT recommend using their facility. However, if you still plan on hosting your wedding reception here (due to minimal choices in NOLA area), make sure you are adamant about your expectations. I would even go as far as putting it in writing with clearly outlined compensation/penalties in the case that your requests are not fulfilled.
1. The manager who we spoke, met & dealt with the entire time was not available or present DURING the reception. A different, uninformed manager was assigned.
2. Table Numbering: We were given the floor plan which showed final table placement and numbering by the manager 2 days prior to the wedding reception. Upon arrival, the tables were not setup or numbered accordingly. It was embarrassing to ask family elders and guests to move to another table after they had settled in.
3. The staff bluntly refused to accommodate any requests made by us or our guests. We had to constantly remind and force them to do what was already detailed in our agreement with the manager. The older staff had major attitude and very few could crack even a smile for service.
4. Since our reception was planned to start at 5:00pm, we asked that the wedding party?s table be served earlier at 3:30pm. After much persistence from us, the wedding party?s table was finally served at 4:30pm which did not allow us any time to eat before the guests started to arrive.
5. General Food Service: We specifically emphasized that white rice be served at every table. They only served white rice to a few tables that requested it several times. In the end, there was a lot of wasted food. In addition, we asked that to-go boxes be provided at every table so that food is not wasted. None were handed out.
6. Early Clean-up: We booked the reception hall from 3-10:30pm. However, the staff began to do major clean up shortly after 9:00pm. This caused a major disruption during the reception. In addition, the staff threw away shot glasses that were meant to be our party favors. Wooded tables and stacked chairs were added nuances to our photos at the end of the night.
7. Security: Police officers standing at the back of the room were not conspicuous. Younger guests complained of uncomfortable stares and expressions from them. I?ve been to weddings where the officer merely sits at the bar and remains out of the picture unless needed or called upon.
8. Audio/Visual: We paid for the use of the sound system and asked to pre-set our DJ?s equipment either the night before or early on the day of. It was agreed that the staff sound guy was to arrive early on the day of (because he refused to set up the day before). However, he was a no show until 5:45pm. Since our reception started at 5:00pm, we had no music for a whole hour.
9. Alcohol: We opted for an open bar; however, the bartender poured very weak drinks. Champagne was supposed to be placed at each table at the beginning of the reception, but it was not placed until later.