Pazzo Italian Cafe
60 Hebron Ave, Glastonbury, CT 06033
Fri-Sat: 11am-3pm, 5pm-9:30pm, Mon-Thu: 11am-3pm, 5pm-9pm
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Caterers, American, Cafeterias, Italian, European, Continental
Price Range : Average
No coupons available
Be the first to add a photo!
05/06/2008Provided by Citysearch -
I love Pazzos. I dislike Pazzos too. Ok, I'll reconcile my thoughts:
1) Service is generally very good
2) Food is generally very good (I've eaten there 20 times and really only 1 poor meal)
3) Price. Here is the problem. My wife is from Long Island. When I visit the Italian restaraunts on Island the""average"" place has so much better food for 20-40% on average less than Pazzos. Stupid cork fee of $2.50 per glass, not disclosed, and the glasses are cheap - Disney Land cheap.
4) Ok, now you know the problem. Connecticut Northerners (ex Fairfield County) are generally saps - what folks from New York would call wimpy, lame, shy, whatever, you know who you are.
5) Folks in #4 generally do not demand a high standard. Empirical proof is all the crappy restaraunts in Glastonbury that would never las a year in Long Island / Hamptons.
12/29/2006Provided by Citysearch -
When Pazzo first opened, they were a reasonably priced, casual Italian restaurant. Their more simple but delicious pasta dishes could be had for $9.95. Then, suddenly, the prices went up to $14.95. Why is this? I don't know, but I can't see a justification for spaghetti with olive oil and garlic, or penne arrabiata, costing $14.95.
I haven't gone there since the astonishing price increase, so maybe this review should be taken with a grain of salt, but we're talking about pasta. $14.95 for a simple pasta dish is ridiculous, no matter how good it is. And unless they recently renovated, the atmosphere here is casual, so again I do not understand the prices. I would love to taste their penne arrabiata again, but it costs way too much.
05/03/2005Provided by Citysearch -
Pazzo is a cozy BYOB restaurant located in the center of Glastonbury. Pasta selections are numerous and outstanding. I highly recommend the ""Pazzo Pasta"" a gemelli pasta combined with chicken, tomatoes, roasted fennel in a light garlicky sauce. Risotto specials are not to be missed - particularly the seafood risotto. On the lighter side, the menu offers a varied selection of salads and sandwiches.