Tips & Advice
What are the types of trash removal services
- Organic and general waste removal: Most trash removal companies can handle organic and general waste, which encompasses the trash that most households produce on a regular basis..
- Hazardous waste removal. A hazardous waste removal company can help you to safely dispose of items that can pose a threat to humans, animals, or the environment, and it includes things like car batteries, paints, solvents, and pesticides.
- Recyclable waste removal. Certain companies specialize in removing recyclable waste, which can be repurposed and reused, and it includes items made from plastic and glass..
- Yard debris removal. Yard debris includes things such as lawn trimmings and chopped tree branches. There are trash removal companies that specialize in handling this kind of waste, but a general waste remover might have a special truck that handles it.
- Junk removal. Items such as mattresses and furniture are typically categorized as junk, and they tend to be larger and more unwieldy than standard trash.
- Construction waste removal. Construction waste removal companies specialize in disposal of such items as las sheetrock scraps and glass panels. Items like leftover caulk can sometimes be bundled in with regular trash.
Is there a minimum cost for trash removal?
If you're hiring a trash removal company for one-time removal service, you will likely have to pay a minimum cost. This cost might be linked to the volume of trash being removed, or it may be linked to the type of item that is being hauled away. The typical cost for a minimum load of less than 10 square feet is $70-$100. The minimum cost for items such as couches, armchairs, TVs, mattresses, dishwashers, refrigerators, and computers ranges from $70-$180.
How to remove construction trash?
There are three choices when it comes to removing construction waste: you can donate it, you can recycle it, or you can dump it.
If the construction trash contains materials that are still usable, you can donate it to a local nonprofit company, resale shop, or salvaged wood dealer. In some cases, you might be able to arrange for curbside pickup, but you will likely have to transport the donated waste to the recipient.
Your second option is to have the waste recycled, and you can contact a local recycling company to have the construction trash collected for a fee
Your third option is to dispose of the waste. You can hire a waste removal company for curbside pickup, but be aware that a fee will be charged for this service. You may also transport the waste to a landfill yourself. Some landfills are free, but others charge a fee to those seeking to dump materials.
How much does trash removal cost?
Trash removal is offered by many municipalities, and it's typically included in your monthly utility bill. This can run between $12 and $20 per month for regularly scheduled service. Independent trash removal companies that are not associated with local municipalities charge between $12 and $40 per month.
Certain items might not be accepted by a trash removal company. This includes things like bulky construction debris and hazardous waste. One-time waste removal for these items can cost anywhere from $50-$200, depending on the volume of waste and the type of waste being removed.
Junk removal involves the removal of large items like pianos and furniture. The cost for one-time removal ranges from $80-$130.
Where to dispose of trash for free?
Free trash disposal is offered by some landfills, which requires you to take the trash to the landfill yourself. Once you've located a nearby landfill, be sure to call and confirm that trash disposal is free before heading there, since some landfills charge a fee.
Communities have varying regulations regarding trash disposal. If you plan on self-hauling trash to a landfill on a regular basis, some cities require you to obtain a free yearly permit from the Department of Health Services.