Mia Home Trends
629 E Sunrise Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
Phone: (954) 527-8514
Primary Phone: (954) 527-8514
Fax: (954) 567-3409
TollFree: (800) 789-0331
Parking: Lot, Private
Pets Allowed: Yes
Zero stars is not an option, so I had to settle for 1.
Save yourself a lot of aggravation and shop somewhere else.
I already had my attorney in place to sue these sorry people, luckily, American Express stepped up to the plate and was able to resolve the dispute in my favor.
1. 2013/11/01: Was told that everything was in stock and would be delivered in 4 weeks, except for the bed which would take less than 8 weeks.
2. 2013/11/05: Order was placed.
3. 2013/11/17: I stopped by MIA to get an update on the order and was told that the couch would be delivered in the first week of January. Just to be clear, I approached MIA, they did not approach me to update me on the status.
4. 2013/12/11: Partial order was delivered which included a loaner couch and a single loaner swivel chair.
5. 2013/12/27: Partial order was delivered. Couch and two swivel chairs are still missing.
6. 2014/01/13: I was told that the couch would be delivered at the end of January. No update on the swivel chairs.
7. 2014/01/28: I was told that the couch would be delivered in the beginning of February.
8. 2014/01/28: Told MIA that either the order was delivered by the end of January or that they should cancel it.
9. 2014/02/05: Told MIA that I was not interested in doing business with them anymore and that arrangements should be made to pick up the loaner furniture.
10. 2014/02/06: Told MIA again that I was not interested in doing any further business with them.
11. 2014/02/13: In a moment of weakness I took delivery of the two swivel chairs.
12. 2014/02/21: Jeffrey called to tell me that the couch had finally arrived.
13. 2014/02/25: Told MIA a 3rd time that I was not interested in doing business with them and the arrangements should be made to pick up the loaner furniture.
MIA, Concepto and Dominio seem to all be own by the same people.
I would NEVER, EVER do business with this company again. They will tell you whatever they think you want to hear to get your order. After they took our $14,000 they had no interest in making sure we were happy customers. If you need your furniture by a certain date, don't believe anything they tell you. We ended up with floor models in our dining room although we paid for new or we probably wouldn't have any furniture in the room at this point--and no, we were not given any kind of discount for it. Although we were told on 12/23/13 that the bar stools we ordered were in stock, to date (2/8/14) we have still not gotten what we ordered. Today, the delivery company showed up with bar stools in a color we never ordered. Because the experience with Mia has been so poor, we opted to keep the ones in the wrong color (for a whopping $75 total discount!!!!!) because we are tired of dealing with them. Their excuse? They said their invoice shows the color they delivered although my paperwork--both Estimate and Invoice--plainly show the color we ordered (and we scanned and emailed the paperwork to them) Their response? Must have been a computer glitch!?!? Save the headaches and avoid the terrible customer service and do business somewhere else. It is evident that this company could care less about the customer once they get your money!!!!