1050 Hobbit St, Fort Collins, CO 80526
No coupons available
Be the first to add a photo!
05/09/2010Provided by Citysearch -
1)Staff is very nice, even the maintenance guy. They always give you a reminder about paying rent.
2)Snow removal is fast and really helps out during the winter
4) Its very quiet and most people keep to themselves at least in my building. The area where it is located is very quite too, at night you really only hear road traffic.
5) Really close to school, takes only 20 mins to walk, or a 5-10 min bike ride depending on if you hit the light at prospect and shields.
6) Bus route is close and they are usually on time.
7)The staff put on parties are a good time, but only really happen in the summer.
1) The ""free"" Internet - First, It's not really free they just hide the charge in ur rent for it. Second, it sucks, really slow at times, and sometimes it shuts down for days at a time.
2)Parking is alright during the weekends but during the weekdays it sucks especially if you live in certain buildings. Dog poop is all over the grounds.
3)Staff is nice, but the maintenance guy is retarded. He has come out to ""fix"" our fridge multiple times only to have the same issue happen time and time again. He comes again and finds the problem (so he says) and fixes it again. To my dismay it happens again. I gave up after that point. He did respond fairly fast. He smells like a chimney of cigs and when I had my GF here she said he was creepy.
4)Price - You can find better places for less money, that are nicer... but you can also find places that are worse for more money. The thing that drives me nuts is how run down the place seems to be in some places. No garbage disposal sucks and its one of the things you think would be in any place. Heating and keeping it cool suck. Heating is the worst as the windows let in lots of cold, and the front and back door seal sucks. Keeping it cool in the summer is all a matter of fans (dont use the wall AC unit it sucks and will eat your money on an energy bill) and opening the windows at night. The only thing thats wrong with this is that you can hear the traffic. Expect upwards of 100+ during the winter on your electric bill and lower in the summer if you use the window trick. Its nice only having to pay for electric though and not everything else.
4)Appliances: Drinking water is a little iffy here. So we bought a filter. The stove is very old and doesn't cook even in mine. I have to increase the temp about 15 degrees and add 5+ mins to everything I cook than I would back home. Fridge is the nicest thing here, except ours leaks water.
5) Walls here are paper thin, so hope to have good neighbors.
If they were to update the apartments (paint, appliances, flooring, ect), fix the doors, internet, new AC units, and add a garbage disposal this place would be amazing.
If I was to live here again I would get a top floor unit because noise travels down not up as much. Plus the only noise I hear is from above me ever and I never hear to the side of me.
Luckily I found a place next year for 300 a month, twice the size, and everything else I could want and its newer and more updated inside. If you look you can find great deals here in foco. This place is better than rams village and rams point though. I would recommend it if those are the other places your looking at.
02/28/2010Provided by Citysearch -
Honestly, I moved into Landmark with high hopes and have been let down at almost every turn.
1) The ""free"" Internet - First, It's not free if your itemized bill online shows a charge for it. Second, IT IS TERRIBLE, I've never longed for Comcast in my life until I came to this place. Even now I had a hard time even loading Yelp to write this review. It's Slow and OFTEN goes down for days at a time. I do not blame the staff for this but they did sign a contract (supposedly through 2013) that locks them into this terrible Xwires system. Plus even if it did work they have everyone locked into a 2Mbit connection maximum. For those not well versed with broadband speeds 2Mbit is the SLOWEST you can buy from almost any self respecting company. Their ""business center"" and office are smart enough to not be stuck with Xwires, but they feel it necessary to subject you to the terrible service they forced you to pay for.
2) The Grounds - Parking is OK at best, but not all the buildings are created equal parking wise. The pool is small, old, and cold. I tried to use it in early August and it was too cold to get in. No hot-tub. The ""business center"" is OK, except it's only open when the office is open and seems to never be open when the internet goes down. Dog poop litters the grounds and although they warn people that they will be fined for not cleaning it up, it seems they are all bark and no bite.
3) Staff - Maintenance seems to be the only department with any resemblance of service. The office staff are relatively helpless as they are stuck under Summit management's rules and are neutered to the point that all they can do is try to calm down angry tenants with no real solution to any problem.
4)Price - NOT WORTH IT. They will bait you with nice pictures but you apartment will NOT be anywhere close. They say remodeled but I call BS. Linoleum, white paint, and fake dark wood cabinets from the 80's abound. Drafty doors and windows, and ancient AC units lead to $100+ electric bills (we lived in a 600 sq.ft. 1 bedroom, $100 to keep the thermostats around 65 is insane).
5) Read you lease carefully - Extremely one sided. they also set our move out date to the 25th of July, they claim so that it's easier to clean but I'm sure it's also nice to make it harder to move out. They boast one of the top occupancy % in the area and now I know why. They don't care if it's a pain, it's not their pain.
OVERALL - Really think long and hard about moving in here. You will probably regret it.