The Forked River Freezer was founded by brothers Ted & Henry Hutler in 1952 and the Freezer has been a processor and distributor of quality baits for nearly 60 years. The Freezer or 'Ice House' was a landmark that was originally located at the southeast intersection of Highway #9 and East Lacey Road. During its first 25 years, the Freezer mainly distributed to local marinas, bait & tackle shops and commercial fisherman located on the Jersey Shore. Over the past 25 years, the business has expanded and currently delivers from New York to Virginia. In 1999 the Freezer was relocated a quarter of a mile south to its new location across from the N.J. State Marina at 308 South Main Street ( US #9 ). Today the Hutler family continues the family tradition. Ted Jr. along with his son 'TJ' and daughter Becky continue to produce and sell quality baits. In 2001 the Freezer entered into an agreement with Pro Cut Bait Company and is now the sole producer of Pro Cut Squid Strips. The Pro Cut Bait Line has been improved and Pro Cut products are now double scented with all scents and colors permeated thoughout the product. The Hutler family pledges to sell only the highest quality of fishing bait. The Freezer's Golden Rule is: "Only settle for the Best ; then make it Better!"