The Terrace Apartments
306 Park Dr, Euless, TX 76040
(817) 545-4404Add Hours
In 2007, we lost our place to a massive flood. We had to quickly find a place to live while we transitioned into a new home. This place was open and quickly accessible with full bills paid, so we signed a six month lease, thinking it'd be the perfect option. Oh my gosh... it was the worst choice I'd ever made. We moved in and found the place was overrun with cockroaches. We had to get DE to spread everywhere to get rid of them because the apartments just wanted to spray poison everywhere instead, and we had a cat and young children. The really crazy part? My experience almost mimics Tinkerbutt's experience to the T. We had a leak in our bathroom above our tub in the ceiling, It was from the condensation pan not draining properly. It was rotting the ceiling out and black mold started to grow. I called and reported it many times, but it wasn't until my son had a massive asthma attack and died at the hospital (he was resuscitated - thank God!) that I found out just HOW bad the leak actually was. Because while I was gone at the hospital, the ceiling in my bathroom came down. After showing them this, the maintenance man (who didn't like women telling him what to do) tried to take silicon (yes... the kind of the tube) to fill the GIANT hole in the ceiling with!!! I told him no... you need to use green sheetrock to fix it. And he actually asks me what green sheetrock is and where to find it. Eventually, I just got sick of the run around, laziness, and ignorance, and I called city code and compliance. They come out THAT afternoon and made management and maintenance walk through and take note of every problem. He gave them 24 hours to fix it, to which he did, but the city code and compliance guy spotted some shotty work and made the maintenance man fix it again. The manager actually had the audacity to pull me aside and yell at me for reporting them!! I wouldn't have even had to of done that if they'd have done their jobs in the first place. Then the OWNER of the complex (who also owns the complex next door to the Terrace apartments) called me up and personally threatened to kick me out for reporting him. I told him that I had evidence to his breaking the lease and that if he did kick me out, I'd sue him. He got really mad at me, but all they could do was leave a note on my door stating they would not be renewing my lease. I laughed though. Who, in their right mind, would WANT to renew a lease with this crappy place? I cannot even believe they're still in business to be honest. Seriously, it's the worst place I've ever lived, and I've lived in my car for two months once when I was a teen. LOL! To add to the ridiculousness, one of the managers actually lived behind me (my living room wall connected to her apartment). Her husband would play his video games late at night and use their stereo system to hear the gaming music and effects through. My kids had school the next morning and husband had to work, and we'd hear gun blasts, yelling, explosions, screeching cars, etc... at all hours of the night. One day I finally got sick of it and knocked on her door to ask her to turn it down. She opens it, and it's the manager! I had no idea she lived behind me! WHY is a MANAGER behaving like that!? You'd think she'd be mortified to be called out on it, but no. She turned ghetto on me and cursed me out. So I called the cops on her and reported her for noise. She was so mad at me calling the cops that she come to my door and told me if she could find a way to kick me out, then she would. Problem is, I paid my rent on time and never had any complaints on me. I was quiet, minded my own business, worked, and did what I was supposed to. Yeah... if you can find another place to live, go anywhere... just not here. It's that bad.
I have to agree that this place is a dump. I've been complaining about a leak in our bathroom ceiling coming from upstairs and finally after 3 months, they fixed it. Just the leak though. After all that time it's been leaking, it's started growing mold and for 8 months till this day I am still complaining about it. And this isn't even the first time. Last time the mold was so bad that my daughter was hospitalized for an pneumonia. The doctors said with her health conditions, that was 100% the reason for it. Not to mention the constant toilet floods that come at random in our apartment.
The roaches are bad and the staff is rude. They keep changing the manager and the laundry mat is trashy. You will always find kids smoking in there. Our lease is up this month and we are leaving for good!
This was the absolute WORST apartment experience & worst place PERIOD that Ive ever lived. I don't even know where to begin. I'll start with having no shower knobs since the day we signed the lease, which meant in order to even shower they simply used vice grips to turn on the water & that shower is STILL running full blast as if someone was showering in it to this day (which happens to be the day Ive finally had enough of & moving out) THE MOST DISTURBING EXPERIENCE living here ended up with my 2 small children walking over the rotten beams below the 1/4 inch thick plywood u can see in the pics which resulted all 3 of us in the ER with severe injuries, bruises & cuts from falling through it. Cant 4get to mention the massive amounts of Roaches found in our food pantry, clean dishwasher, out of the drains, toilets & literally rushing in the 2 1/2 crack that was kicked in by a previous tennant & never fixed. EXTENSIVE BLACK & GREEN Mold covers each corner of the shower including rust stains on the shower floor that are so sharp they cut your feet from the shower running constantly for 5 wks & 3 days. None of the doors have locks much less even close for simple privacy & another major issue that were were told to simply "get over" was NEVER being given a mailbox key which obviously resulted in NO INCOMING MAIL WHATSOEVER since the lease was signed in June. Last but not least, a leasing agent of the apartments (still employed there as well as living on property) was caught by a close neighbor of mine (that quickly moved out as well because of equally severe problems) trying to sneak a flat screen television from my apartment while I was gone. Which brings me to my final straw, last night, Sept 10th 2012, I come home with my sons from dinner to find the apartment ransacked & completely burglarized. No less important also finding my severely injured dog who had been obviously badly assaulted during the burglary. Along with my gut feeling, police also believe again, this was an inside job because of absolutely NO SIGN of forced entry (meaning someone who had access to the property & apartment keys. In this burglary over $3,000 in valuables were stolen. In closing, I CAN ONLY PLEAD WITH ANYONE CONSIDERING THIS A PLACE TO LIVE TO PLEASE RUN IN THE OTHER DIRECTION AS FAST AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE. THE CONCORD APTS on Industrial Blvd 157 & The Terrace Apts on Hwy 10 (which is where I lived) are sister properties & managed by the exact same people. BOTH PROPERTIES ARE DREADFUL & SHOULD BE CONDEMNED TO SAY THE LEAST! PLEASE, avoid what my family went through & stay as FAR AWAY FROM THESE PROPERTIES AS YOU CAN!!!!!!