Christian Brothers Moving And Storage
3865 S Kalamath St, Englewood, CO 80110
Phone: (832) 668-4040
Phone: (303) 761-9507
Christian Brothers Moving & Storage, Inc.
Christian Brothers Moving & Storage
No coupons available
Not a very “Christian” way of dealing with customers. AVOID!
They over-billed us more than $900 in falsified services. After a very painful, five-week process, I finally agreed to a $777 refund. I had to put a $1,000 dispute with my credit card company. This might have helped my negotiation. I have subsequently filed a complaint with the Colorado Public Utilities Commission (PUC).
Christian Brothers Moving and Storage eventually acknowledged that they over-billed us but has deliberately failed to follow through on the requested refund. They are apparently dragging this process out to avoid or delay repayment. According to our contract, we must go through arbitration if they failed to respond.
Sabrina was my main contact, post move, regarding the poor service and fraudulent billing practices. The painful process of getting Christian Brothers Moving & Storage to refund the over-billing was further exacerbated, by Sabrina’s dragging this out by failing to respond and failing to provide complete information to reconcile. She would frequently take a week to reply to an email and she never returned a phone call.
1. Damage to basement door in new house. I pointed this out to Mariano, the supervisor. One of his workers suggested taking to door off the hinges earlier in the day but Mariano decided it was not necessary.
2. The movers disassembled a recliner couch from the upstairs Bonus room, in the old house, to make it easier to carry. They reassembled half of the recliner couch in the new home and left the other half and the bolts on the floor next to it.
3. The movers took the feet off a club chair to make it easier to carry. They brought the chair into the basement, as directed, but they did not reassemble. They left one of the feet in the garage. We have been unable to locate the second foot.
4. A file cabinet was damaged / dented in the move and DR hutch ws damaged
5. So far, we have found over forty boxes that were delivered to the wrong rooms. Most of these were placed in the basement storage area of the new house when they were clearly marked for upstairs rooms. This meant that we must now carry them up two flights of stairs. NOT HAPPY!
6. At times, your team was laid-back, unmotivated, and unenthusiastic. There were frequent and extended breaks during each of the three truck changes. I had to look around to see that no one was working on multiple occasions.
7. I was very disappointed when Mariano reviewed the final bill with me that showed 14 hours of labor on a 10-hour estimate. At the beginning of the move the supervisor pointed out that we were exceptionally well prepared for the move with virtually everything boxed, guest bedroom bed disassembled, wall unit disassembled, and all boxed clearly labelled. Why was your estimator off by more than 40%? (Well, he wasn’t because they over-charged us by 3 ½ hours)
8. Mariano (working supervisor) expressed his annoyance with the $120 cash tip that I gave him and his team during the final bill signing. He stated that this was way too little, and I could add more to the bill, by credit card, if I did not have any more cash. I chose to stay with $120. We also provided your team a $150 Chick-fil-A lunch, at our expense. They thanked us for lunch.
Time/Hours Reconciliation: 3 ½ hours overcharged out of the 14 hours billed on a 10-hour quote. So, after the refund, I paid for 11 hours on a 10-hour quote.
On a positive note: Their furniture repair guy was great. He fixed a ding on our dining room hutch and fixed the hole in the door.
Based on Christian Brothers Moving and Storage overall reviews and the great estimated price I received, I chose them for our very large move this month (September 2018). I confirmed in an email to them that we were booking them for 3 days (1 day packing & 2 days moving) and received a confirmation email back regarding the price and the scheduled timeline. One week before, I called to confirm everything and was told that our name had been scratched off of the schedule for day 1 and only showed 2 days total. I spoke to the staff and to the manager and was told someone else had already booked the 3rd day and that there was nothing more they could do. I asked why no one called me and told them I had tight timelines and had already scheduled a cleaning crew on that day. They said they had no additional resources to support my 3rd day but would make sure it was completed in one day (instead of two). During the packing day, I noted a family antique with very expensive curved glass that needed extra TLC. I mentioned that it had been crated in the past and was told they would take extra care. While the workers worked very hard to ensure what was scheduled for two days was done in one long day, the move resulted in costs that exceeded the estimate by $800 and two expensive curved glass pieces to the family antique were broken - by the way they don't cover glass. I will not recommend or use this company in the future.
I hired CB Moving to move my home into a storage unit while I was displaced for about a year and having my new home constructed.
1. The day of the move NO ONE SHOWED UP. It was a Saturday, and the possession date on my home that I was selling was Monday. It was some miscommunication on both sides myself included.
2. Sunday, I was told to expect my movers by 8:00. They showed up at 9:30. (they charged me at the end of the day since 8:00 am citing drive time even though my move out location was a 10 min drive from their location).
3. During the move at my property and the loading, two of the guys started fighting, and swearing. In front of my young kids.
4. During the transfer of the move the movers all stopped for lunch, but they tried to charge me this time as well. At $190 an hour.
5. During the move into the storage unit I caught their guys doing a "lookout" while loading my items into storage. I originally left while they were putting my belongings, When I returned 2 of the men were sitting in the truck, while the third was standing at the end of the aisle peaking his head around looking for my truck to return.
6. My items were moved to storage, I recently just emptied my storage, not using CB because of items 1-5 with my move out process. The movers I used pointed out things as they were pulling them out of my storage before moving them, to show the damage to verify they hadn't done it. Custom furniture ruined, cracked door on my washer, ruined dressers, this list goes on and on.
Of course these items being damaged weren't caught until recently. They've been sitting in storage untouched the last year. When I contacted the company the only thing they said was, "You have 10 days in your contract to file a claim" and basically had zero intention of looking into it, or doing anything about it or trying to even talk about it. Their answer was simply "You Signed a Contract, and the Contract said 10 days"
Just had Christian Brothers move us from Castle Rock to Berthoud Colorado. 7 men loaded up 3 trucks and delivered in one day. Other companies said it couldn't be done. The guys were incredibly hard working and happy to do anything we asked. Highly Recommend A+
Scott B., James S., James M., Nick L. Jesus E. Michael C., Vince H.
Adam, Jose, and AJ worked a miracle today. Fast, efficient, and friendly. But the thing that impressed me the most was this: For personal reasons, I needed an ultra-fast move. And in spite of running into truck procuring issues, and because of that, arriving late, they rose to my request, and did it in amazing time.
We recently had Christian Brothers Moving and Storage move us from Castle Rock, CO down to Bayfield, CO. Their team of three very professional movers -- Angelo, Curtis, and Von, came and loaded us and then transported and unloaded our furniture very carefully and expeditiously -- their energy, enthusiasm, and polite professionalism were are very welcome and appreciated. They treated all of our household goods very carefully and made our move extremely easy. Thank you so much Christian Brothers Moving and Storage and particularly Angelo, Curtis, and Von.
Wonderful drivers- polite and courteous. We will recommend and use them if we ever need to move again. They worked so hard for us and they are clearly professionals. Mariano and Elijah and Adam were careful with our home and made sure that things went to their correct places. Moving is exhausting and they were still eager to help and get everything just how we needed it after an incredibly long day.
AJ and Lawerence packed our home and did and amazing job! Very professional and thorough. All of our belongings were wrapped to prevent any damage.
AJ, Elijah, Lawerence, and Steve moved our belongings with the utmost care. They worked fast but carefully and treated our things as if they were their own.