The first Mass at St. James was celebrated November 11, 1948 in the little white house on the corner of 11th and Marshall Streets. Almost immediately the school was built in 1950. Then the office and rectory were constructed in 1955, followed by the Church in 1960. The Knights of Columbus built and gave the multi-purpose building to the parish in 1992. With Bishop Burke we celebrated our Golden Jubilee on the feast of St. James, July 25, 1999. Bishop Jerome Listeki came to dedicate the new Gathering Space and elevator addition on July 24, 2006.