Tips & Advice
What are financial products?
Financial products are designed to help you achieve objectives such as saving money, obtaining insurance, establishing a line of credit, investing, or getting a mortgage. Financial products are issued by organizations such as banks, credit unions, investment management firms, mortgage companies, insurance agencies, credit card companies, and stock brokerages.
What is a financial consultant?
A financial consultant is a professional who is qualified to provide guidance in the area of financial management. Some of these experts work for financial institutions, while others are self-employed and work directly with the public. A financial consultant can help you develop a financial strategy focused on savings, retirement, investments, or insurance, and Many are licensed to sell financial products such as stocks and bonds.
Types of financial services
- Financial planning: With financial planning, a financial adviser can help you chart a course to achieve a specific financial objective. Financial planning can be focused on things such retirement planning or funding your child's college education.
- Insurance: Insurance can be used to protect your most valuable assets, and policies are available to cover items such as your car and your home. Insurance can also be used to provide a source of income if you become disabled, and it can cover the costs associated with long-term care. Life insurance can be used to provide funds for your dependents after your death.
- Investment management: A well-chosen investment portfolio can provide you with consistent income over the years, and professional investment management can provide guidance to make smart portfolio choices. Investment management might involve the purchase of products such as stocks, bonds, and mutual funds.
- Loans: A loan can help provide the funds you need to finance large purchases, and can cover your expenses in emergency situations. Loans can be used to finance the purchase homes and cars, and they can be used to provide the funds for home remodeling or major car repair.
- Credit cards: A credit card allows the holder to purchase goods and services using credit issued by the card's provider.
Trust and estate planning: With trust and estate planning, you can create a strategy to ensure that your assets are passed on to the beneficiaries of your choosing.
What do financial services companies do?
Financial services companies provide financial planning, insurance policies, estate planning, investment management, loans, and credit cards. These financial services companies include retail and commercial banks, internet banks, stock brokerages, credit card companies, insurance companies, investment banks, credit unions, savings and loans associations, and mortgage companies.
What are financial services?
Financial services are professional services associated with the management of money and assets. These services include investment activities, such as those related to stocks, bonds, and mutual funds. Loans and lines of credit also fall under this umbrella. Additionally, financial services include insurance coverage and tax preparation.
Is assisted living the same as a nursing home?
An assisted living facility is not the same as a nursing home. Nursing homes provide skilled nursing care for those who suffer from conditions or disabilities that call for intensive, ongoing medical assistance. Assisted living facilities typically cater to seniors who need less medical care and who require a living situation that provides more independence than is typical at a nursing home.
However, some assisted living facilities also provide skilled nursing care for residents who need it. At several locations around the country, you can find independent living, assisted living and skilled nursing facilities all on the same campus, allowing residents to make a smoother transition from one to the other.
How much does it cost to live in an assisted living facility?
The cost of residing in an assisted living facility can vary based on location and the size of the unit being rented. The national median average for renting a one-bedroom apartment in an assisted living facility comes in at around $3,500 per month.
If you have long-term care insurance, this coverage will usually assist with the costs associated with residing in an assisted living facility. Some seniors who don't have long-term care insurance cover the costs associated with assisted living by selling their homes. In cases where a couple owns property and only one person in a couple requires assisted living, the partner who is remaining at home will sometimes take out a reverse mortgage on the property to cover costs.
What services are provided in assisted living facilities?
Assisted living facilities provide a wide range of services that can help seniors who have trouble handling tasks related to basic self-care. These facilities can provide daily meals, and assist with bathing, grooming, and toileting. They can help with basic housekeeping and laundry, and they also provide 24-hour security that creates a safe environment for seniors. Assisted living facilities can also provide seniors with easy access to transportation, and offer social programs that can help give seniors a sense of community.
Is assisted living covered by Medicare?
Medicare doesn't typically cover costs directly associated with assisted living. However, Medicare might be used to pay qualified healthcare costs for someone who is staying at an assisted living facility. These costs may include expenses associated with doctor visits and prescriptions.
While Medicare doesn't usually cover assisted living, it typically covers the costs directly associated with staying in a skilled nursing facility (also known as a nursing home). Medicare also commonly covers the cost of hiring a professional to provide home health care.
What is an assisted living facility?
An assisted living facility is a residence that provides long-term care and support for seniors, while allowing them to live more independently than they would if they were residing in a nursing home. These facilities can provide seniors with regular meals and assist with tasks such as bathing, medication management, basic housekeeping, laundry, and getting dressed. Assisted living facilities also provide round-the-clock security and assistance with transportation. Some assisted living facilities provide access to skilled nursing care for those who need more intensive medical support.