603 Courtland Blvd # 104, Deltona, FL 32738
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Takes Reservations: No
Outdoor Seating: No
Price Range : Below Average
Be the first to add a photo!
What happened to this place? New management? What ever it is, I'm incredibly disappointed with where this restaurant has gone in the past two years. We used to order once or twice a week via delivery. The delivery man is the only thing that has stayed consistent over the past two years - he is always nice.
However, I suppose, last night was my last straw with this place. I will never again order from here or recommend it to anyone. Here's why:
1. Placed the order online. There was glitch in the online payment system for credit cards. So, I sent the order off as cash and immediately called them on my fiancé phone to give them my card numbers over the phone. The gentleman asked me if the card's mailing address was the same as the address they had on the order (for card verification on the machine). I replied "yes," he does something and says "ok, all set. We will have it to you in about an hour and 15 minutes."
2. An hour later, my fiancé, who was working at the time, looks at his phone and tells me, "someone called my phone 6 times five minutes ago. Is it the restaurant?" My order had my phone number as the contact number, yet they called my fiance... most likely because they were looking at caller ID instead of looking at my actual order form. My phone number, which was on the order form clearly, was not called once.
3. I called them again to see what the problem was. The guys says "we tried to deliver to 625 Courtland Rd. - that's not a real address." I tell him our address, again, and look at my e-mail confirmation, which shows my correct address. Where they got 625 Courtland, I have no idea.
4. He says, "ok, I'll have it sent back out." I ask him, "well, is my food cold now?" to which he retorts rudely, "I've had food sit here for 4 hours and it's still warm." Not wanting to argue, I say ok and thank you. Who leaves food on a counter for four hours? And what kind of magician can keep food warm in a paper bag for 4 hours? I've been to there location - they keep food to be picked up at the front counter. I should have said to remake it, but considering my history with them, I trusted my food would be OK.
5. The same, kind, delivery man shows up 30 minutes later (at this point, an hour and 45 minutes has elapsed and asks for the cash payment. We tell him we paid with a card over the phone and he asks us to call the store. At this point, my fiancé is angry and calls them himself. The same guy picks up, says, "oh your card is declined" and when asked to read the card numbers we provided, he spurts out some numbers that are no where close to the numbers I had provided him and that he himself had oked an hour and 45 minutes prior! The ridiculous part about the entire thing is that he doesn't call the delivery man to handle the card issue. He has my fiancé walk back and forth, in and out of the house between his wallet, consulting with me about if it was the same guy on the phone, and speaking with the delivery man. Such poor customer service.
6. Now the worst part - our food was cold. Not room temp - cold. I ordered pork dumplings, which are impossible to reheat (re-steam and they get mushy, microwave and they get rubbery). So, he lied about our food being warm.
Shame on this place and the people they have hired recently. They lost yet another good customer, though according to recent reviews, I'm not the only one. You should have refunded us for all the complications or at the very least, remade our meals. Will never go back and am rather sad, because there food is pretty decent. I guess I'll go into Orange City for Chinese from now on.
I am new to the area and this was the closest Chinese restaurant to me and it had 2 great reviews. Well boy was I disappointed! We got sweet and sour chicken, bourbon chicken, chicken wings, white rice and lo mien noodles. The chicken was all dry, the noodles were very greasy, and the customer service was much less than expected. I can't say I will be rushing to order from here again anytime soon.
03/14/2012Provided by Citysearch -
From their House Special Rice, Egg Fu Yun, to Spare ribs, and much more, their food is always taste good. Their restaurant is clean, you can see them cooking your food, and you will come back for more. They do not deliver but it is worth the trip for pick-up. Friendly service too. I recommend the food, you will not be disappointed.