Columbia Belvedere Animal Hospital
3956 Glenwood Rd, Decatur, GA 30032
We care for your pet as if they were our own!
It was recommended we take our chihuahua here for her teeth cleaning since she has periodontal issues.
Dr. Wilson is very caring, and the receptionist is very nice, but there are a few concerns I have about this place.
1. The front desk is way too overloaded with drop offs and pickups and people waiting for regular pet check ups.
2. The boarded dogs are stressed out. They bark all day, and I know that because we were there for 8 hours.
3. Our small dog had 4 teeth extracted and was not sent home with pain medicine. I realize I didn't leave her overnight, but common sense would tell anyone to send them home with at least a days worth of tramadol.
4. The scheduling is a hot mess. The reason why my dog sat in a kennel half the day with no food or water is because you were taking all these other types of appointments and then adding in this dental surgery.
5. The office staff does not tell you everything during the phone call so ask lots of questions. They were going to try and keep my dog overnight for her dental appt.....
6. This is a biggie for me....people are dropping off their pets for shots and services and just come back later to pick them up. There is no weight check, no exam, no asking questions. I know this because we were new to this office. The front desk lady took my form, which asked for NO medical information at all, and then wanted my dog and told me to come back after noon the next day. My dog has kidney disease. ANY vet knows you need a blood test beforehand. And a visit first. So I refused her just taking my dog from my hands. Dr. didn't check her heart, or her temp, or look in her mouth. I was to pay $38 for a first time visit. She didn't even weigh her. Or check her out. That's a red flag. You are putting dogs under anesthesia without vital checks and asking the family questions about history? She wasn't even going to do a blood workup until I insisted.
I am glad the procedure is over. But this is not a place I would go back to.
Dr. Wilson has been my cat’s veterinarian since 2005. My two cats have also boarded at Columbia Belvedere Hospital. I find Dr. Wilson and staff to be both professional and caring. I can’t say enough positive things about Columbia Belvedere Hospital, Dr. Wilson, and staff.