Dependable, quality service- a company you can count on!
- General Info
- Founded in 1982, A To Z Total Heating & Cooling is a mechanical contracting company that offers a range of heating, ventilation and air conditioning services. Its service department offers remodeling, heating and cooling system replacements and various system design solutions. It also provides repair and maintenance services for all makes and models of residential and commercial heating and air conditioning systems. The company has a parts department that offers a range of products, such as air cleaners, humidifiers, ultraviolet air treatments, ventilators, filters, zoning systems. air conditioners, heat pumps, thermostats and furnace filters. Its manufacturers include Honeywell, Trane and Aprilaire. It also offers a variety of extended warranty programs and post-warranty services. A To Z Total Heating & Cooling is located in Dearborn Heights, Mich.
- Email Business
- BBB Rating
- Heating- Furnace unit sales and installation, furnace repair, ventilation and duct work.Cooling- Air conditioning repair, duct work, a/c maintenance, Freon leak detection.Water heaters- Water heater replacement, gas water heaters, electric water heaters, tankless water heaters, and instant hot water heaters.Commercial HVAC- Commercial furnace and air conditioning service, filtration systems, change out, retro fit, and upgrades.Air Quality- Air cleaners, air filtration systems, air purifying systems, dehumidifiers, humidifiers.Appliance Repair- HVAC and appliance repair service, refrigerators, freezers, washers, air conditioners, furnaces.Parts- Repair parts for dishwashers, dryers, ovens, washers, a/c systems, furnaces.
- Payment method
- debit, discover, amex, visa, mastercard
- Dearborn Heights
- Coupons-Save money with great discounts. 12 months same as cash financing. $25 OFF diagnostics. $75 OFF humidifier installation
- Social Links
- Major Appliance Refinishing & Repair, Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems, Air Conditioning Equipment & Systems, Air Conditioning Service & Repair, Furnace Repair & Cleaning, Furnaces Parts & Supplies, Furnaces-Heating, Heating Contractors & Specialties, Heating Equipment & Systems, Heating Equipment & Systems-Repairing, Major Appliance Parts, Water Heater Repair
- Other Information
Services: Furnace Repair, Boiler Repair, Humidifying Apparatus
Sunday night at 7 pm I noticed my furnace as out. I called several places. A to Z was able to send out a technician Sunday night. To be honest I called several places while I was waiting for a call back. On place, made a potential diagnosis of the problem over the phone and said it was unlikely that anyone would have the part on their truck. That company could come out on Monday to look at my furnace. when I got a call back from A to Z I told Chris what the other company had told me. He said yes that could be the problem, but asked that I let him come out and look at it to see if he could fix it. I was happy to agree because I really wanted heat. Chris found the problem, which was not the exhaust motor (the proposed diagnosis) but a capacitor. He didn't have the right one in his truck so he called the parts guy to open up the store, went and picked up the correct part and fixed the furnace. I found out afterward that he had been working since 7 am (it was not 10:30 pm). It would have been easy to say ok not problem when I told him I had someone coming in the morning. That is not what he did. I feel he really went the extra mile (plus). To be transparent it was pricey, but it was a service call on Sunday night, well after normal business hours and it did require extra effort to get the part. So I feel I got excellent service. I can't say a night without heat was worth saving a few bucks.
If your a female home owner with little experience in hvac, beware of this company. I was having trouble with my furance and called them out to help me. They charge a $80 service fee off the rip. No problem, the tech got here and fixed the problem in 5 minutes. My exhaust vent pipe had shifted and the water couldn't flow in the right direction so the furnace shut itself off. I had recently had my basement finished so some things may have been moved. He tilted the pipe and everything came back on and running. For this he charged me another $80. A total of $160 for a pipe shift. No tools, parts or labor involved. What a rip off for 5 minutes of work. I will never call this company again.
I called A-Z because my HWC unit was not working. They were able to fit me into their schedule at the last minute during regular business hours as the first company I called were unable to do work on HWC units. I did not find this out until around 1:00 in the afternoon after the other company came out to my condo complex. I was frazzled, but everyone was helpful and made sure I got the service I needed. I'm sure they thought I was a flake from the way I acted, but I was treated with the utmost respect and professionalism. Ryan was out to my home in less than an hour from when I called. He was quiet but professional. My issue turned out to be a minor problem and the price charged for the fix was very fair with industry standards. I would call A-Z again in a heartbeat.
The first time I called A-Z was because I needed to have my furnace certified for selling my home, I was given a price and a appointment in 2 days. The day of my appointment, Chris, the technician arrived on time, was courteous and professional, and gave me the certificate right then. I was very impressed with how this company did exactly what needed to be done. When the home inspection was done by Westland I was informed of several things that I needed to bring up to code, so I decided to call A-Z to see if it was something they could help me with. I called and Jerry Wagner came out promptly at the appointment time, looked over what needed to be done. He said he would get back to me no later than tomorrow with a price, he did exactly as promised. He then let me know exactly how much it would be and when I asked when they could get to it, he said in 2 days. Technicians Jerry and Aaron did the work, they were very professional and courteous, they arrived on time, completed the work and cleaned up. I would not hesitate to recommend this company as they did exactly as promised, and all their employees that I dealt with were very courteous, I am a senior citizen, had never had to take care of this kind of stuff and was very anxious about handling this, but A-Z was amazing how easy it was to handle. Thank you to all of the A-Z employees, GREAT JOB! very happy customer.
The gal that answers phone is rude and VERY unknowledgable about products/services the company offers. My furnace is out and it's 15 below zero I utside and she can't offer even an estimated time they could come out I would never recommend or use this company. They charge $85 just to walk in the door and that's not even fixing anything. I hope they go out of business. This economy doesn't need them. Call someone else DON'T USE THIS COMPANY
This company has always gone above and beyond for repairs and fair prices. I was in Florida when this winter hit with a flurry, and my furnace went out. A to Z was there promptly and took care of everything with no advanced payment. They have great technicians who are always prompt and efficent. I strongly recommend them for all your needs, including washer and dryer repairs too.
My air conditioner was not working and Im grateful that a technician arrive within the hour after I called but the technician starter working and then handed me a bill for over $200. Never explain what he needed to do prior to completing the job. I was stunned, after signing the bill I thought he was going back to the van to make a copy of the receipt and he left. No receipt and the only thing I know is I have a leak in my pipes. My air is working but I'm not satisfied with the customer service provided by the A to Z technician.
Air conditioner went out the day before Memorial Day, 2011, the two hottest days of the year. My husband is oxygen dependent. Called several places and A to Z were out very quickly. Price was reasonable, workman were there the next day and were done in a day and a half. Workman were professional and courteous. My husband was a little dissatisfied with one of the hookups and they took care of his concerns right away. Would highly recommend A to Z.
On Thursday, May 12th, 2011 I called A to Z Heating and Cooling and asked to speak to a salesperson about a "ballpark figure" on a new heating and air conditioning system. After many other calls to other places, this was the first time I actually got an answer right over the phone by ther CEO JERRY STETINA. He was a very professional, helpful and honest person to talk to. This was quite a relief after all of the other calls that I made that onlly left me frustrated. He came out to my home that very same morning and did indeed keep to his quote he had given me over the phone which was a very good price!!!
On the following Monday morning the servicemen came to my home at precisely 9 A,M, and were very courteous and freindly. They worked very hard for a day and 1/2 and cleaned up after themselves. They were kind enough to answer all of my questions, explanded the unit's operation and even programed my thermostat for me. (GREAT GUYS!)
All in all, I can't say enough about the price, quality and professional treatment I received from
A to Z Heating and Cooling and I would surely reccomend them to everyone I Know!
Thanks, Steve S. (email@example.com)
On April 7 I had a water heater installed by a to z.. This was my third time using them so I expected they would be good but they surpassed my expectations by a mile.
They sold the new water heater installed almost as low as Home Depot sold the unit on do-it-yourself, the workmen came exactly at the time they said they would. They did a perfect job, cleaned up after themselves and left within 2 hours, and they did it so quietly that they didn't wake my wife who works the midnight shift!
I feel that refering them to a friend is a favor to my friends.
This was my third time using them in 10 years and they were excellent each time.
Phone: (313) 291-8200
Address: 24614 Van Born Rd, Dearborn Heights, MI 48125