Founded separately by J. Lee Mothershead and Donnell B. Dietrich in 1929 and 1930, the Mothershead and Dietrich Funeral Homes operated a half of a block from each other until D. Fred Dietrich merged the two firms in 1972. In 1974 the entire operation was moved to the Mothershead Funeral Home building and named Dietrich-Mothershead Funeral Home. In 1987 Jacob Dietrich came to work for the firm. Beginning in 1989 and completed in 1991 the Dietrich- Mothershead Funeral Home was enlarged and completely remodeled. In 1993 the Dietrich-Mothershead Funeral home purchased the Woodlawn Cemetery in De Soto.