Had a horrible experience here over the weekend. Food was terrible. Chicken was dry. Burger was made with old meat, as it had a funny taste. Definitely stay away from the Reuben. The meat was all grizzle. Have been here before and it was great, but not this time. Very disappointed.
I used to love Friendly's, but not any more. And the Danbury CT store is the absolute worst. Tried coming here once & a while a few years back, nothing special, and the bathroom & kitchen always smelled bad. Then a waitress screwed up my bill, overcharging me for something. She claimed she fixed it on the charge-card machine, but said she could not provide ANY proof that she had done so, and she said I should check my card statement on-line the next day. When I pointed out that she should be able to re-print the corrected bill, she and the manager both became belligerent.I stayed away for a year, then tried coming back. The place smelled worse, and the food was sub-par, and the tables all had mobile pay-kiosks. I ran my card at the end of the meal, only to find out ~my~ table had ANOTHER table's kiosk, and I had paid for someone else's meal (about $8 more than ours). When I pointed this out and asked for a refund of the $8, the manager told me to come back tomorrow?!?! I kept pointing out all he had to do was give me the $8 in cash, if he can't refund it to my card. AFTER 15 MINUTES, the manager pulled out his wallet and gave me $8 himself, rather than just take it out of the till (which would have balanced out, as I overpaid on the credit card)I stayed away for a few months, but a friend really liked one of the waitresses, so we went back. The smart waitress had quit, and the food was even worse. and guess what? THEY SHORT CHANGED ME when I paid the bill. The manager had cashed me out (I saw him) and when the waitress pointed out his error, I heard him say "I'm not going back out to the register!"Enough is enough. I will NEVER go back.
This poor Appleby's copy is attached to a Holiday Inn motel, which is good for 99's, as those staying at the motel might be lured in with how convenient it is. (it's also helpful because this restaurant DOESN'T HAVE A RESTROOM, so diners have to go into the motel lobby to "freshen-up"!!!)The restaurant is about 45% bar, and I assume that's where a lot of their money is made. It leaves 55% room for tables & booths, and sad "decor" consisting for pictures of local Danbury athletic teams and government buildings, presumably hung to show 99's is a "home-town" place, instead of the economy chain it really is.We sat down at a soaking wet table (I assume freshly mopped?), and ordered drinks & our food: Prime Rib with salad (creamy Italian dressing) & "upgraded" loaded baked potato, and barbecue ribs with rice & broccoli.The salad arrived with balsamic dressing (NOT creamy Italian). The baked potato arrived with a pile of sour cream, a few shreds of mystery cheese, and NO bacon. The ribs arrived with the rice & broccoli already COLD. We asked for extra butter, and the lumps of butter sat on top of the cold food, not melting.Also, the ribs are called "Apple Barbecue", because someone had the bright idea of dumping apple sauce on top of it, which was disgusting.The waitress was nice, the place is awful.
Good selection of menu items. Service is a little bit slow.Karaoke on Tuesday nights (10pm-ish).2 for 20 menu is the way to go.
They will take advantage of overcharging you. The management is rude. The food taste like it is from a can. I found a hair in my meal. This pretty much sums up my experience at 3 brothers. Avoid this establishment at all cost.
I wish I could put zero stars. Take out has been horrible with being on hold for 10+minutes and totally forgotten about. Sometimes the food is wrong altogether. Most times something is missing that should be with the meal. I got a full size salad this last time. The container was only a quarter of the way full. This is probably been experienced 9/10 times i get food there.
this place has been around for years! I've been going since I was 5 years old (past 20 years) and the food tastes just as good as it did back then.
The Windmill Diner has fast service, a variety of foods and daily specials. It is a place where you can bring your whole family, kids of all ages welcomed. The price is right for family dining!