Lolita's Mexican Cuisine
4218 Lemmon Ave, Dallas, TX 75219
Phone: (214) 443-0538
Lolitas Mexican Cuisine
Price Range : Average
Caution, the following review and assessment of this establishment is critical and comments are truthful and severe as a result of testing this facility on 5 occasions. It is important to note that each visit comprised of a party of 10. A professional hard working class of people who have will challenge several recommended restaurants thought out the Dallas area
1. The food is good to excellent for the price.
2. The location is awkward for accessibility (entering/exiting is hazardous).
3. The non- availability of parking (especially for handicapped individuals or simply convenience).
4. Ungracious valet (few if any speak English).
5. Lack of luster to the exterior entrance to the facility. (Cigarette butts, beer bottles, generic rubbish and trash….not attractive or esthetic upon entry).
6. Non-attentive or lack of available host/hostess at entrance (just as well seat yourself – if you’re even noticed).
7. Seating arrangements/floor plan make for awkward mobility for staff and clientele to maneuver adequately and productively.
8. Understaffed with regards to floor waiters (1 per day/afternoon shift)
9. Waiters have lack of acquaintance with “social skills” of any kind.
10. Staff (overall) has no enthusiasm alluring its environment (rather not be there attitude).
11. Waiters are “NOT familiar with menu items or products …knowledge of menu is severely lacking (with the exception of one. Her name is Jennifer.
12. Waiters are extremely inattentive (dishes pile up; drinks are unfilled and never available when needed.
13. Food orders were never correct on all five visits.
14. Ordered items were always delivered without any synchronization or timely order.
15. Orders were incorrect, wrong and not even delivered to the right tables.
16. Staff exhibits a stoical attitude if approached on any questionable issue, request for any amenity without any sensitivity to any concern or time.
17. The final bill is never correct, calculated either as an undercharge or an extreme and outrageous over charge.
Finally and not least, the overall picture: the staff and establishment has absolutely no manners, personality or class and skills to function with any fluid concept of service…..PERIOD! Our last visit was unacceptable and unforgivable.
Here’s the clincher…..we were told to hurry with our libations, finish our dining and relinquish our tables by a patron because (and according to her) she reserved and paid for the tables (seated by our group) weeks ago. WHO and what manager, in their right mind, would allow that behavior from a patron with consulting with our party first. By the way, that day and like all other visits…..there was not a manager on duty. Who should have planned the event to co-mingle with regulars patrons without incident?
First of all let me say this... I had been a regular customer, not only for the restaurant but also for the club scene & I celebrated my Bday dinner/club party there this past May. But as of Saturday I will NEVER go back & I will also keep spreading the word to all my friends & though Facebook & Twitter as well on the horrible/upsetting service we received by the owner/manager on Saturday 9.8.12.
I had a surprise bday dinner celebration there Saturday evening September 8th at the patio. My party was of about 40 guest & we all had food & drinks...so you know we spent money there. Not only do I get a drink spilled on me but also the Bday guy by the waiter, BUT we also get kicked out by the owner/manager(the old lady with brown curly hair). Keep in mind that we had the big party going outside the patio... me & the Bday guy go inside to meet a few friends & they offer to buy us a shot. The bartender says he cant serve us. I ask why multiple times & he says his boss(pointing at the older lady) said not to but i dont know why. They call the cops to literally kick us out. The Bday boy was outside with us while his party was going on.That is some straight up BS & I know that all of us that were there wil never return! We like to host big dinner parties & after that experience you better believe we will be taking our money else where.
After Saturday, my mission will be to make sure everyone I know hears about this. I HOPE management looks at this....* If it weren't fo us REGULAR CUSTOMERS WHO ACTUALLY SPEND MONEY... restaurants would close down!**
Open one month as of June 1st, 2011, fresh foods, glassy and wood interior, good service, authentic foods from Mexico, Tamarind Margaritas, full bar with HDTV's and sports bar inside and out on the outdoor patio,.... also with HDTV's. Small VIP Ultra-Lounge for private parties or week-end late night events. Reservations accepted, lunch or dinner, both are great and Valet Parking available. Small tv's in each dining booth can be turned on if requested to follow sporting events or news at your own table. Worth a visit!!!