Barkaritaville Pet Resort
6617 Jefferson Rd, Corpus Christi, TX 78413
Phone: (361) 814-2276
We went on vacation for a week and left our 2 family dogs here. When we first visited Barkaritaville, the staff was friendly and polite... we walked thru the spaces and everything seems fine!!! BIG MISTAKE! These people are FAKES! We drop them off, and I even called- mid week to check on them... I was told that everything was fine!!!
When we pick up our pets, the attitude was get your Sh*t and leave!!! Our pets were not given the toys we provided (all toys came back brand new... I know my dogs and those were disposable toys!) and to top this off one of them came home with two scratches on the side of his left eye! Once I noticed this, I call them and asked what happened??? I was put on hold more than a few times (time to get their story straight), and then I was told that my dog was aggressive and that those were old wounds!!! WTH??? Horrible service... If you care about your pets, please DO NOT LEAVE THEM HERE!!!!
I give this Resort a 5 star simple because the Staff and Quality of care provided to my guys, they are not just dogs to them. At any given time I can take Boogie and Max to the resort for grooming,boarding or doggie daycare with just a simple call or what I like best the reservation form online. I highly recommend having this WELL OILED machine (resort) watch over your guys when needed.
I took my puppy here for boarding when I was out of town for work for a few weeks. I was reluctant to take my puppy anywhere for boarding but I took a tour and the place was clean, the staff was friendly. The first time I left her there it was hard- I was crying, my dog seemed a little scared. After that, my dog fell in love with the place. Now when I drop her off she runs to the door she's so excited. It was great to have peace of mind while I was out of town that my dog was being well cared for. Now she goes there at least once a week for the doggie daycare. The staff is awesome, always friendly to me and my dog. I definitely recommend Barkaritaville for both their boarding and doggie daycare. The daycare is especially great for any puppies or young dogs, it really wears them out and gives you a break!
Under no circumstances should you take your pet to Barkaritaville in Corpus Christi.
1. My dog was returned to me with hives and a large un-cleaned scrape on her side. The hives were all over her body, face and paws. I dropped her off without hives. I never received a phone call to update me on her status. Had I received a phone call, I would have picked her up immediately.
2. My reservation was for a drop off late Saturday and a pick up at noon Sunday. I was charged $174.00. I was told that the early Sunday pick up fee was $50 but was charged $75. I was also charged 2 full days for my dog's stay - when she was only onsite for 22 hours.
3. Laina was rude, ornery, and difficult to deal with. Her staff would not honor the $50 early pick up fee charge, so I had to take time out of my day to call her, literally BEG for my refund and argue with her about the 2 day charge ( I was not told this on the phone).
4. Laina agreed to refund me the difference in early Sunday pick up fees and also the Sunday overnight charge - I felt that this was 100% justified.
5. Laina then decided to NOT refund me the Sunday charge, NOT to call me to inform me of this decision and when I called her, told me (rudely) that she won't do business with me - likely because I was holding her accountable for her poor business practices - and hung up.
I would avoid this institution at all costs. If you need to board your dog while visiting Corpus Christi, go through Fetch! - they are great, and have amazing people that work with them. Unless you want your dog (and yourself) stressed out and poorly treated, I would never give business to Barkaritaville again.