4852 W Haddon Ave, Chicago, IL 60651
TollFree: (866) 748-4110
Moving Help - Dependable Movers & Cleaning
No coupons available
I'll never recommend using Dependable Cleaning & Moving Co. They delivered the worst customer experience I've ever had. Here's why:
-THEY NEVER SHOWED UP TO HELP MOVE
1. I reserved 2 movers and 1 truck 7 days in advance. The movers were slated to show up between 7 and 8am on 12/1/2012. They never showed. I had to find movers from a different company at the very last minute. They ruined my moving day plans.
-TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE
1. POOR COMMUNICATION: I made my reservation with Pamela on 11/25/2012. While taking my information, she was interrupted by a customer and said she'd call me back within in the hour. She never did. I had to call back about 3 hours later to complete my reservation.
2. POOR COMMUNICATION: After completing my reservation, Pamela said she'd call on 11/30/2012, the day before the move, to confirm all the details. I RECEIVED NO PHONE CALL. I had to call to confirm my reservation that afternoon.
3. POOR ATTENTION TO DETAILS: When I called to confirm details the day before the move, Derrick took my call. He told me my reservation was for 2pm, not 7-8am like I planned. Then he proceeded to ask me for all the details that Pamela took from me earlier in the week. It was as if the reservation was never booked or Derrick didn't know what he was doing. It was unsettling. Afterwards, Derrick admitted that he was just "filling in" and that he'd have Pamela call me back within 20 minutes.
4. POOR COMMUNICATION:I never did get that call within 20 minutes. I had to call back about 1 1/2 hours after to confirm details. Pamela answered and confirmed that we were all set for the move next morning, having all the details solidified. She said the movers would call me at 6am and again when they were outside.
5. POOR COMMUNICATION: Guess what? The movers didn't call at 6am. In fact, they didn't call at all on the morning of my move. I started to get nervous when the time was 7:40a and I got zero communication from the company. At this point I called and got voice mail. I called again at 7:50a and got voice mail again. No one picked up!
6. POOR COMMUNICATION: Finally, I called at 8:01a, saying that if I didn't get a call within the next 20 minutes, I'm going to assume that the movers aren't coming and I'd be forced to find another moving company at the last minute. No one called me back!
7. POOR COMMUNICATION: At 8:30a, I left another voice mail, saying that I'm officially canceling the reservation due to their absence. Movers never came. At no point over the next 2 days did I get any type of communication apologizing for not showing. No empathy.
In short, Dependable moving company failed to do the thing I offered to pay them to do: help me move. Also, they forced me to initiate communication at every step of the way. That's not how business is done.
I suggest looking elsewhere.