VCA Companion Animal Medical Center
1455 S Rangeline Rd, Carmel, IN 46032
Be the first to add a photo!
They almost killed my cat. They treated him for a minor infection that came back after the week of antibiotics ran out and they gave him a two week supply of the same antibiotic and put him on a new type of food that I could have bought for half the price online. I saw two different vets, even though I asked to see the same vet I originally saw. Both treatments were hellishly and unnecessarily expensive. I ended up taking him two hours away for a second opinion after I ran out of the second supply of antibiotic and when we got to this new vet, my cat's kidneys were starting to shut down. The new vet kept him a week to treat him and bring him back to his normal self, which cost less than the two minor visits at the VCA clinic. Because of the neglect of the VCA, my cat has permanent kidney damage and has to have special care for the rest of his life and he's only two years old. Do not bring your pet here for treatment if you expect competency from the vets who work here.
I would give this a five star. My dog has suffered from stomach issues and CAMC has been so caring and sympathetic. My dog was given first rate care and our family was treated with respect and compassion. fortunately our dog is now on a special diet and has been fine. I would highly recommend CAMC.
01/04/2012Provided by Citysearch -
We had a TERRIBLE experience here! We felt as though we had taken our dog into a crappy mechanic and were just being scammed for unnecessary procedures. The only difference between a crappy mechanic and this place though is that they have the ability to play with your emotions and tug on your heart strings. We had to bring our dog in for emergency care late one night. Everyone was really nice to us (the only reason they got 2 starts over 1) but after examining our dog the vet seemed to jump to the worst case scenario conclusions first and then would back track from there. Our normal vet is very conservative and doesn't push to do anything that isn't really necessary. After some initial blood work and other tests that kept coming back negative, the vet seemed convinced that the dog had been poisoned and kept asking us if our neighbors liked our dogs. We were shocked because we knew that none of our neighbors would ever do something like that. After we convinced her that was not a likely scenario she finally moved on. After even more tests and still more negative results they decided to keep our dog overnight and monitor the situation. They then came to the conclusion that she had eaten something and it was obstructing her intestines and needed to be removed surgically immediately…although we were told that even if they did go into surgery she didn’t want to guarantee that she would find anything. I’m sorry, you took x-rays and are trying to tell us that she ate something but now you’re saying you want to go in and cut up our dog to do exploratory surgery and don’t know if you’ll find anything? The vet then told us that her condition had not improved and that our dog was in pain and was suffering and if we waited to do the surgery she could die. After we explained that we couldn’t afford the potential $5000 surgery we were told that there was basically nothing that they could do (this was also after they offered us a medical line of credit). We asked to come back in and see our little dog and honestly with full intentions of having to put her out of this supposed pain and suffering she was in. When we originally took her in she couldn’t stand or hold herself up and when we walked in this morning they brought her in and she was walking around the room and wagging her tail! WHAT?! She looked uncomfortable, sure, but not in this pain and suffering and on her supposed death bed that they were telling us about. We immediately requested that she be discharged and we were taking her home. Again they tried to scare us into letting them keep her and do this surgery and that if we took her home she would die. Well we took her home and she immediately ate and drank water and went outside to the bathroom. She looked uncomfortable for about 24 hours but I’m sure she was also tired and scared from being in the hospital. It is now two days later and she is back to running around like normal and passing normal bowel movements. We will NEVER take our animals here again for anything. It is a big corporate business scam and they just want to overcharge people and scare them into unnecessary treatments. If you have an emergency go to the hospital in Castleton on Bash Rd. instead.
03/03/2008Provided by Citysearch -
I have been a client at Companion Animal Hospital for a very long time and they have always been caring and kind with all my animals. The staff and doctors are wonderful and they are open on the weekends..... and that is so helpful when you work during the week !!!
11/21/2007Provided by Citysearch -
I recently had to put my 14 yr old dog to sleep and I chose this vet for its proximity to my home. I didn't expect to find a vet that I will use for any future pets. Dr. Birchfield was kind and understanding and offered suggestions without making me feel that they were trying to get me to spend more money on unnecessary services. I really felt that they understood how difficult it was to make the decision to put down a pet. The vet's office itself was spotlessly clean and beautiful. Its a new facility and very state of the art. And just today I received a ""Sorry for you loss"" card signed by everyone. All of these things have ensured that I will continue to use this vet and gladly recommend them.