The Spot-Downtown Campbell
330 E Campbell Ave, Campbell, CA 95008
I'm so happy there is finally a cool, fun bar to hang out at in Campbell. This place is huge. It has a bar upstaris, downstairs and one outside when the weather is nice and, because of the size, you never feel packed in like a bunch of sardines. Getting a drink quickly is never an issue either since there are usually five or six bartenders working.
People want to make a big deal about the line, but every bar in Campbell now have lines due to the fire department cracking down on occupancy. You're going to have to wait to get into any bar in campbell so you might as well wait to get into the best one.
I've lived in Campbell since 2004 and have watched this small downtown get more and more crowded on the weekends. I could tolerate King's Head and it's 45 and over crowd. However, the Spot is absolutely ridiculous. Long lines and being completely empty on the inside....great job! Aside from the refurbished bar, there is no atmosphere whatsoever....very boring!
I can't wait until they finally close down and something good comes along. Still waiting to see whatever becomes of that old bank....thought that was suppose to be transformed into a nightclub?
I've been to some terrible bars and clubs but The Spot in Campbell takes the cake.
The Spot is the premiere lounge for you if:
1. You have take a liking to unattractive, classless, walking diseases's.
2. Enjoy waiting in segregated lines while the lounge is nearly empty and the bouncer keeps saying "yo we at capacity".
3. Like sipping on horrible tasting watered down drinks
4. Your ears are attune to listening to low quality and poor choices of music
5. A boring, fake, and low class atmosphere are what you are looking for.
My recomendation would be to avoid The Spot entirely and choose one of the many other bars in Campbell.