Highland Industrial Park is a part of the former Shumaker Naval Ammunition Depot. The site was operated by the United States Navy from 1944 until 1957 for the manufacture, testing, storage, distribution, disassembly, reworking, and destruction of ammunition, bombs and explosives, principally rockets. Improvements to the site included an extensive rail network, hundreds of reinforced concrete storage magazines, loading dock facilities and administration buildings. The Highland Industrial complex has over 1,000 buildings, containing more than 5 million square feet of space for manufacturing and warehousing. Highland owns the industrial park, as well as 123 lots, a commercial center and a nine-hole golf course in the town of East Camden, Ark.