Bikram Yoga Cambridge
30 Jfk St Ste 2, Cambridge, MA 02138
No coupons available
12/13/2011Provided by Citysearch -
Bikram is a tough form of yoga but the most relaxing and invigorating for me. I like that it is 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises every day. I hear the same dialogue instructing me; but now it is in my muscles, and i can flow without thinking for 90 minutes. Be prepared for a tough workout until you get used to the heat and the sequence. But once you ""get it"" you will float away in pure bliss.
04/28/2010Provided by Citysearch -
I recently got back into practicing Bikram yoga and have bought both 10 class passes and month unlimited passes at the Bikram Yoga Boston studios. (decided to get the unlimited monthly pass after going through the ten class pass so quickly) I've practiced at several studios in the Boston area (Including the other two Bikram Yoga Boston studios, in Back Bay and Financial District) and find that this location in Harvard Square is my absolute favorite. First off, you walk in and there is room to hang a coat, a few different benches to it, places for shoes, and separate male/female locker rooms with bathrooms and showers; overall great amenities that you might not find at every Bikram Yoga studio you come across! The actual studio where the class is held is quite large and I've always had plenty of space. I hate feeling cramped during class, so it is a welcome change to have some space throughout the class while doing each posture. What is also different about the Harvard location is that it overlooks the street, so you can actually look outside if you'd like. While many may find this a distraction, I actually welcome it. Bikram Yoga is technically supposed to be done in silence while looking at oneself in the mirror, ""concentrating, meditating"", I really enjoy a bit of distraction from the people outside walking by on the street (the studio is on the second floor, so you are above the street level). Overall, I think it is a great studio, and for me, the ideal place for practicing Bikram Yoga.
03/08/2009Provided by Citysearch -
1. If you are looking for a place to sweat and walk around in a bikini, contorting into what you THINK is yoga, then this is the place for you.
2. If you want to be in a room with overly-competitive people who are too busy looking at themselves in the mirror, then this is the place for you.
3. If you want to be welcomed with acceptance and true compassion, then this place is NOT for you.
4. If you are expecting a peaceful yet challenging place to deepen your practice, then this place is NOT for you.
5. If you are looking for a trendy, ""gym-like"" atmosphere to stretch, sweat, and socialize, then this place may definitely be up your alley.
I just wanted to put out there an honest and open review that lets those who are seeking a true YOGA experience know that this studio may not be the right fit. However, I encourage you to see for yourself.