For the first 20 years, Northlake Engineering was known as Central Transformer Company and was located in Chicago. Morton R. Whitman and Lloyd Shore formed the company in 1951 to support the growing electronics industry with customized engineering design and manufacturing. From its earliest days, the company designed and supplied transformers to principal manufacturers of nuclear radiation and other electronic medical instruments. Its 30,000 square foot facility in Bristol, Wis., was built to better serve customers in many industries including the medical, instrumentation, aviation and communications markets. The company manufactures a wide range of custom designed magnetics, linear power supplies, power distribution units and power conditioners. Its current clients are industry leaders themselves and include GE Medical, Siemens and Philips. It also has trusted alliances with vendors in North America, Mexico and China to provide strategic global sourcing and cost-effective solutions.