Lenox Farms LP
550 Liberty St Ste 2, Braintree, MA 02184
Phone: (781) 843-8420
Phone: (781) 843-8443
TollFree: (866) 289-8633
I have lived here for a little over a year and a half. Here is what you need to know before you consider moving here:
1) Since management has changed here things have gone done hill. While the place was pretty and new when we moved in, the exterior of the buildings have begun to show wear and nothing seems to be being done about them. The black balconies and railing have the black paint peeling off with rust showing through, the paint is starting to peel on the trim of the buildings, and the stairs have the concrete crumbling.
2) There are a large number of dogs on property and there is always dog mess left around.
3) We had a problem with the trash compactor-it was breaking every other day and it took months for them to replace it. Hoping the new compactor works out and we don't go through that again. There seems to also be a problem with tenants not putting the trash actually in the compactor and just leaving it outside. It makes a mess.
4) I contacted maintenance a couple of weeks ago because the water filter in my refrigerator needed replacing. The old management company had come, replaced it without incidence. When I called this time, they showed up to replace it and told me it would be $40 to have to replaced. WHAT?!?!?! I pay almost $2000 a month in rent and you then want me to pay for the $40 filter. I don't think so.
5) We have an online system for a tenant message board for tenants to write in, ask questions, get ideas, etc. One tenant the other day wrote in a complaint on the board asking what was going on with this place lately siting many issues going on. Instead of letting other folks comment and maybe getting some real feedback about this place, or responding to it for all tenants to see, they took the easy way out and deleted it. Great customer service.....
6) I wrote to them today to ask about ending my lease just two months early since we are having our first baby and live in a one bedroom. We decided to buy a house a little earlier to help with our growing family. Since I was giving them 4 months’ notice about wanting to end 2 months early I figured they would be helpful and work with me. NOPE! They told me my only options are to stay for the length of the lease or do a 2 month buy out. Two months is what I was asking about so how does that help me?! We have never been late on a rent payment, have never had a complaint against us, have been model tenants, and this is how they treat us. The manager called me (I admit, this was nice to get a call directly), only to have him tell me that it could be discrimination if he helped some tenants and not others. Total easy way out answer given by management and not have to actually be helpful with their tenants. To them it is all about just getting their money. Other companies work with their tenants to find solutions, not this one. They should be working with their good tenants so all come to an acceptable solution. They don't even offer to post the opening now, 4 months early to see if it could possibly be rented. Thanks for nothing.
Overall, I would say shop around before coming here. The rent is expensive for the level of service you get here.