Trout Meadow Apartments-1
2980 Trout Meadows Rd, Bozeman, MT 59718
Staff is dishonest and rude. Had to move due to work and they coerced everything in writing to benefit them and ended up not only keeping our deposit but charging hundreds of dollars more and threatening to sue us if we didn't pay. We barely moved a month a go, left the apartment cleaner than when we got it, turned it in earlier than we had to. All together screwing us over because we have no proof of anything verbally agreed. If you plan on renting with them video record every interaction or see yourself get robbed of your deposit and then charged more for stupid made up fees and charges. Do a video walk through documenting every speck of dust or scratch on any surface. They are unprofessional, never available, have no maintenance and completely rude. Never had to deal with a lying, cheating and stealing company like them. Don't do it. It's not worth the cheap overpriced apartment and amenities they say are so great. Gym equipment is old, pool is always dirty and can't even get in most of the tome because the chip reader doesn't work anyway.
I attempted to visit this complex twice and a sign was posted on the door of the rental office stating something about an emergency. I then called a week later and a few days later and no one answered either time. I faxed my application and other needed documents with no contact back from Trout Meadows. Very unprofessional and disappointing. I would never rent from them. I don't understand how a rental office can have an "emergency" that affects the whole office and all of the staff is gone for what seems like weeks.
DO NOT RENT HERE!
1. Unprofessional, incompetent staff who have no knowledge of the Montana Landlord/Tenant Act or how to do their jobs. Extremely rude. Never pleasant.
2. NOT SAFE. The tenant who lives below me has personally threatened me, who I have had to call the police on multiple times and Trout Meadows refuses to evict them.
3. Trout Meadows has told another tenant that I, specifically was the one who made a complaint against them. This information is supposed to be confidential!
4. They have illegal provisions in their lease agreement.
5. TOO EXPENSIVE. Not worth it! Don't let the hot tub and pool reel you in. The hot tub is always broken and the property manager told me that if a kid poops in the pool, they don't drain it (the walls will also cave in) because they put so much chemicals in the pool that they don't have to clean it.
6. My bathroom door broke and I was locked inside. I had to crawl out of the bathroom window. I called the office to have maintenance help me and the girl said, "we'll get to it eventually."
7. If you try getting a hold of corporate, they'll never answer you.
8. The walls are paper thin. You can hear everyone's conversations as well as their televisions.
9. They care more about what the outside looks like, rather than taking care of real issues.
10. MONEY HUNGRY. When the incident happened with the tenant below me, Trout Meadows tried moving ME to another unit and said that I would have to pay another double deposit because I wouldn't be able to transfer my lease, even though I'd still be living at Trout Meadows.
11. They never make decisions on their own and have to go through Missoula first.
12. They never use the law unless it benefits them.
I would give this place zero stars if I could.
This apartment complex DOES NOT live up to the promises you are forced to sign with your lease. the management does NOT hold residents to the rules and regulations as outlined in the lease agreements. Corrections are only made when another resident is required to complain. The balconies and public areas are cluttered with old refrigerators, car tires, bicycles, bbq grills (which are not allowed) and other items. In addition, the move out is a major concern. Management uses the move out as a way to charge additional amounts and withhold from the deposits. In my 45 years of renting and owning homes, I have NEVER had a complex nit pick so very much at moveout. I will be providing information to the Bozeman Better Business Bureau on this complex.