Red Mountain Animal Clinic
2148 Green Springs Hwy S, Birmingham, AL 35205
Contact UsContact Us
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Specialties: Farm Animals, Ranch Animals, Dentistry, Livestock, Large Animals
I wish Dr. Williams was a "people doctor"! I've driven by this clinic for years, but finally really noticed it when they put a new lighted sign up. If you're from Birmingham, you know the most beloved businesses in town aren't pristine from the outside because they're been around for so long and we love them! Red Mountain Animal Clinic is a Birmingham gem that we wish we'd tried sooner. I don't want my pets to be sick, but if they do, I'm happy to take them to Red Mountain and you should take your furry friends there, too.
I've been coming to this vet for the past 2.5 years. It has always been a decent experience when weighing pricing to accuracy. I have two dogs and they have given me multiple pet discounts, worked with me in making payments but over the years it has always been disappointing. We have stayed there due to their accessibility but it has been unfortunate that there has not been one instance where I haven't had to return cause either they forgot something or werent thorough. Today, the last drop was spilled.
DO NOT USE THIS VET IF YOU ARE TRYING TO BE THOROUGH AND NEED ACCURATE DOCUMENTS.
I had contacted them two weeks in advance to get a grasp of all the paperwork I would need and was reccommended a service provider that was beyond my budget so I decided to just get all the paperwork myself and pretty much had it ready to be spoonfed to them.
1. I dropped my dogs off at 8am so they'd be ready by noon and I get there and they did not have the paperwork ready as it was lost between hands but luckily was found and we fill it out- I was happy they had been so accommodating as the paperwork had a time frame limitation.
2. I mailed it off and the receiving vet told me they could only certify one as the second was a photocopy. I needed two to be safe but I figured I could do without it. I called them and they refunded me so that worked out.
3. I had another set of paperwork to be filled and got there at 12 asked the secretary to tell the doctor to fill it out and sign it. I then drive all the way down to Montgomery where they tell me it wasn't signed. it was alright but I had to drive back immediately to have him sign it again.
4. I get into the vet and talk to the secretary the doctor comes out and doesn't even speak to me and signs the paperwork. he signed it in the wrong ink and when I just bewildered told him and he says he didn't know. had he asked me he would have, had he asked both the secretaries he would have, had he looked at the paper he would have seen it was necessary.
5. I told them I would not be coming back as I was fed up and would need all my dogs paperwork sent to me and their rabies tags that I had been waiting on. the rabies tags re not in and probably won't be by the time I need them and they said it wasn't their fault but the mails. THEY KNEW OF MY TIMEFRAME! and then when I confronted them about it, they said they had warned me it would be difficult and to use the servicer, and honestly that was a slap I. the face because wetting the paperwork was not difficult nor was it initially expensive- I was personally printing and spoon feeding them everything, the hard part was dealing with their terrible staff and vets.
6. finally, the documents I asked them to send me so I would never come here again, they sent me three copies of a single dogs records. yet again, can't even lose with dignity.
I've been a client of Red Mountain Animal Clinic for a few decades now. I love Dr. B , Dr. Williams and their great staff! They have assisted me and my pets throught thick and thin. I will always be thankful for the care and attention they've shown me and for the education of how to responsibly care for my pets. They're always helpful on the phone and always have time explain what's going on with my special shih tzu George. I'm an animal lover and will always have pets in my home. I feel I'm very lucky ot have found this clinic and will always be a client. I tell my friends, my coworkers and now I'm telling you to try them, you won't be sorry.
My dog Prince and I have been battling with skin problems for the last three years. I am afraid to count all of the money I have spent on steriod shots, oatmeal baths and all the other stuff that goes along with a skin condition that just won't go away. One day, the groomer suggested I make an appointment to see Dr. Hubbard there at Red Mountain. In less than a month, Prince had started growing hair in places where there had been no hair for years and the constant tapping on the floor every night...........oh sleep....wonderful sleep! All I can say is Thank You Red Mountain Animal Clinic and Dr. Hubbard! You are the greatest!