Founded in 1887, Concord Baptist Church was organized under shade trees. On August 28, 1886, Mr. J. Dallis Norris called a meeting under those trees and named the following men and their successors as trustees of two acres of land in the 18th precinct, 18 miles southwest of Birmingham and 8 miles from Bessemer in a place called Meeks Beat and Piney Woods, which is now Concord, Alabama: J.L. Glaze, Tom Crowder, R.F. Vines, and J.D. Norris. The purpose of this was to build a house for a public school and preaching, as a church. On May16, 1887 this deed was probated and plans began. In the month of November 1887, Concord Baptist Church became a reality, a small one-room log building. The first meeting was Saturday before the third Sunday in December 1887. The first officers of the church were members of Old Rock Creek: Pastor, Reverand G.B. Vines, Deacons, J.V. Norris, Cal L. Dabbs and R.F. Vines. The church had 50 members in 1890. Concord Baptist Church has established two missions which are now full time churches: Concord Highlands Baptist Church and First Baptist Church of Sylvan Springs. Information was copied from Concord Baptist Church Centennial History 1887-1987, compiled by Mrs. Jewel Wallace.