Legal Eagle Contractors CoAdd to Favorites
Saved to Favorites
Please contact the business for updated hours/services due to the COVID-19 advisory.
|Mon - Fri:|
11/30/2011Provided by Citysearch -
I have used Legal Eagle Contractors with Dan Bawden on many projects for over 20 years. I have always been 100% satisfied with this company's quality of work, service and price. I do not have one negative thing to say about Legal Eagle Contractors and would highly recommend them for any of your building or remodeling projects big or small.
11/22/2011Provided by Citysearch -
We spent $50,000 on two bathroom remodels without moving any plumbing and just cosmetic fixes. It took 16 MONTHS to do the job. There were weeks when nobody showed up to work even when they said they would. The paint work was the worst. We already have chipping paint in one bathroom because of a lack of prep work. Tile guy and carpenter were good.
Topping it off, my violin got stolen during construction. Guess someone made a quick $2,000.
08/23/2011Provided by Citysearch -
The Legal Eagle Contractors team is very attentive to detail, and is especially knowledgeable about making a home comfortable and safe for seniors without sacrificing aesthetics. Projects include custom touches?no cookie cutter plans here! Not only that, they keep budget considerations in mind, too!
05/18/2011Provided by Citysearch -
""Dan and Legal Eagle did exactly what they guaranteed they would do. Not only did they live up to exactly what they said they kept in touch with me almost daily during the entire process. I live in a condo and the restrictions about what can and cannot be done are quite rigid. Dan and all of his contractors did everything required and in a very meticulous manner. Dan worked with me to keep my cost down and in a number of instances he went over and above what was expected of him. E.C.""
Just a short note to personally thank you and your crew for the fabulous job you performed on our house. Your crew started on a Friday and three weeks later, we had a completely renewed house and garage. We are very satisfied with the work that was done, including carpentry, siding, window replacement and painting. After we signed a contract, you said all we need to do now is execute the job, that's exactly what you and your crew did. High quality work was completed in a very professional, friendly manner. You now have at least two more people to add to your fan club, along with some neighbors who were also very impressed.
Thanks for the great work,
Dan Bawden and his team put together a great room addition for us! We added roughly 200 sq feet of master bed/bath/closet. It is my favorite room in the house. They did a great job and are very attentive to needs/requests. Would certainly recommend them.
Consider other contractors rather than Legal Eagle Contractors. This company provided questionable hourly labor whose finest workmanship required multiple and major re-works. Specific examples of the unprofessional and disrespectful behavior by Legal Eagle Contractors include:
1. Workers writing security codes for the lock boxes and security system on the exterior of the house,
2. Workers flushing painter's plastic and fabric cloths down our toilet and causing plumbing blockages,
3. Workers leaving food all over the inside of the house,
4. Workers breaking lawn equipment,
5. Masonry workers drinking on the job, leaving beer bottles in the yard and producing horribly uneven brick walls,
6. Tile setters asking us for tile installation instructions,
7. Attempting to charge over 60% markup on change orders,
8. The inability to provide basic and formal project plans,
9. Workers destroying our yard by constantly parking vehicles on the sod and piling trash on the lawn (Legal Eagle caused $5,000 worth of damage in the front yard alone and the owner refuses to pay for these repairs.),
10. Operating the worksite with an active gas leak for approximately 8 months. (For months, the project manager explained away the constant smell of gas as trapped gas exiting the line underneath the house. Luckily the campfire built by the plumber near the leak did not ignite. After months of non-action by Legal Eagle’s project manager, we called the gas company. The dispatched gas utility representative informed us that our meter and pipeline sustained damage due to a massive blow during the renovation.)
Non-existent quality control, lack of subcontractor supervision, and the failure of basic worksite safety define this company. We will spend additional tens of thousands of dollars repairing the landscape damage and shoddy workmanship by Legal Eagle Contractors. Legal Eagle Contractors provided us no added value and exposed our family to unnecessary danger during this project. Legal Eagle Contractors is simply the most irresponsible, unqualified, and unprofessional company with which I’ve ever worked.
Please consider paying a credentialed designer or architect who can responsibly plan and manage your project. Their professional expertise and relationships allow them to dispatch competent craftspeople to your home while guiding you through the renovation process. You will experience greater satisfaction with the process and enjoy an exponentially higher quality finished product. I only wish we would have done the same.