Saved to Favorites
Priding ourselves on providing customers with the highest quality flooring and decorative tile since 1954.
- General Info
- Travis Tile Sales is an independent distributor of interior and exterior ceramic tiles, natural stone and glass for residential and commercial clients. It has been serving Central Texas since 1954. The company offers products from various manufacturers, such as American Olean, Wilsonart International, Walker Zanger, American Universal Corporation, Thorntree and Solistone. It also provides decorative laminates in a variety of colors, patterns and textures. Travis Tile Sales undertakes projects for bathrooms, kitchens and floors.
- Business History
- The Company was started in 1954 by Dick & Melba Jones. Later Lee Page and Ronnie Tyler took over ownership (1999), and now Ronnie Tyler is 100% owner since 2006.
- BBB Rating
- Ceramic, glass, wood-look, and decorative tiles,natural stone, and Wilsonart decorative laminate.
- American Olean, Ceramiche Supergres, Ege Seramik, Imola Ceramica, Keen Ocean, Laticrete, Lunada Bay, Marmoles, Oceanside Glasstile, Patara Stone, Ragno USA, RealStone Systems, Refin Ceramiche, Terra Green Ceramics, Thorntree, Walker Zanger, Wilsonart, travertine
- Payment method
- all major credit cards, check, debit, visa, mastercard, amex, discover
- Austin, San Antonio, and Midland
- MLK, East MLK
- Staff with over 50 years of expertise in our products to assist designers, architects, and contractors and well as the retail customer.
- English, Spanish
- Other Emails
- Other Information
Services: Tiles Refinishing Cleaning & Repair
02/20/2009Provided by Citysearch
I bought almost all of my tile & all setting materials (Laticrete) for my home from Travis Tile Sales, Inc. The showroom ladies were so helpful & the variety was perfect for my needs. I definitely recommend checking this place out, especially if you are just trying to get an idea of what you may be interested in.
I checked out Laticrete's website & knew exactly what I wanted and TTS had it all in stock which was extremely convenient, considering I wanted the tile installers to be in and out of my home as quickly as possible.
Highly recommend this store for Tile ideas, purchases, & WilsonArt Laminate products.
01/15/2008Provided by Citysearch
I am a tile contractor relatively new to the Austin area and have been using Travis Tile as my sole source for tile and setting materials. I have been extremely impressed with the professionalism and overall knowledge of the individuals at this business. They are able to fill my orders on the spot the majority of the time, and when they can't, they are able to bring in what I need in a timely manner. I wouldn't usually take time out of my day to write a positive review for a business that has been so efficient in getting me what I need at a competitive price, but I felt the need after reading the negative reviews expressed from two individuals based on one experience a piece. After the many positive experiences I have had at Travis Tile, it would certainly take more than one negative interaction to deter me from continuing to give them my business.
08/19/2007Provided by Citysearch
I am a tile contractor. I have been sending my clients to Travis tile for years to buy thousands of dollars in tile. My most recent tile orders have been lost. When they do find them they have been wrong. I believe the sales people at Travis tile will say anything to make a sale regardless of the truth. After they had my money they conveniently became too busy to help. My last order of around $8000.00 in tile came in incorrect. I have spent hours patiently waiting in the warehouse for my orders and no one seems to care. After spending 45mins waiting in the morning and 45 minuets waiting in the afternoon i asked to speak to the manager/owner. He was incredibly defensive, rude and disrespectfully acting as if they are the only tile store in Austin. It is my professional opinion that This business has gotten to big for its britches and lost the ability to keep up with its inventory or customer needs. I Reid Faist of Faist Construction recommend that you buy your tile from some place more honest and professional.
06/10/2007Provided by Citysearch
I went to Travis Tile for help on a do-it-myself tile project and most of the adhesive they sold me came loose a month after I put down my tile floor. The problem was that my cement floor was sealed from a previous vinyl installation. I had been aware of this as a potential problem and thought I had made the situation clear to Travis Tile when I bought the adhesive. I was very careful to be calm and reasonable when I went back to the store to see if we could diagnose what went wrong and ask if they would refund my money for the adhesive (under $100). Now, we all know that problems happen, that miscommunication happens, and that do-it-yourselfers sometimes mess up, but the really disturbing thing about this episode was the way Travis handled it when I went in to see them. I talked to the salesperson who had sold me the adhesive and he immediately began to attack, to look for ways to blame me for the problem. His manner was aggressive and he interrupted me continually. After ten minutes I managed to get him to say that we had miscommunicated, but it was clear there would be no better resolution than that. I did ask for some money back, and he went to talk to his manager. To do this, he went into an office with an open door not ten feet from where we had been talking. If there was a manager in there, he heard all of our dispute and didn't care to come out to see if he could help. (Nor did any of the other 6-8 employees in earshot offer any help.) Of course, I got no money back. It has been over a year since this happened, and it still stands out in my experience as one of the worst encounters with a business I have ever had or expect to have. I have never been treated with such disrespect by a retail person. I strongly advise all do-it-yourselfers to stay away from this business. Others, be aware that if you have problems with them, you may have serious difficulty achieving any resolution.
Phone: (512) 478-8705
Address: 3811 Airport Blvd, Austin, TX 78722