2900 S Congress Ave Ste 206, Austin, TX 78704
03/26/2010Provided by Citysearch -
Returning from Iraq there are a lot of places where I'm uncomfortable; Steph and the rest of Grapevine know how to make a comfortable atmosphere which is a MUST for me.
I tried a barber shop and the location was bad, plus they just wanted me to get in and get out.
Steph took the time to show me what kind of style would have a professional look, but also adhere to the military regulations, what resulted is a haircut that looks straight out of Mad Men!
I get compliments all the time, and when I reply I tell them to talk to Steph.
02/04/2010Provided by Citysearch -
I've been going to Stephanie for 3.5 years now and have gone from dark to blonde, long to short - i'm more than pleased with every style. I have very thick hair, and she doesn't complain like ALL other past stylists have.
I have referred several work and personal friends to her, and they continue to use her. You can make an appointment very quickly, and compared to other salons, she is very affordable. No complaints! She's awesome!
01/27/2010Provided by Citysearch -
The best cut and color I have ever had, Stephanie does a great job! I have curly hair that sometimes I like to wear curly and sometimes I like to wear strait. Stephanie gave me a great cut/color that works well for both (no fluffy triangle hair!).
Stephanie herself has curly hair...she understands the joy and the challenges of curly hair (although hers always looks great so she must be really good with the challenges!)
With my hair I tend to get stuck in a rut. I like that Stephanie is stylish, she will give you a style that is trendy and works well for you....I showed her a picture of what I wanted, told her I wanted to be able to wear it strait, curly, and still must be able to pull it into a ponytail...and that is exactly what I got. I was able to ask her questions on cuts, color, and produts. Trust me, you will leave looking great!
I highly recommend her! Plus she is super nice and make you feel comfortable! Oh, you can also schedule your appointments online!
01/23/2010Provided by Citysearch -
Stephanie sooo good at what she does. I'm pretty picky about my hair but as a hair stylist she handles that with grace and always does an excellent job with my hair. My hair is curly but I also wear it straight sometimes so it's important that my haircut work for both looks. And it does! I love the head massage she gives... so relaxing! She also took the time to show me some ways to put up my long hair...really helpful. Plus she's just a sweet, encouraging person so it's always a joy to be there with her!
01/15/2010Provided by Citysearch -
I have been going to Steph since I moved to Austin 3 1/2 years ago and have never been happier with my hair! I literally get compliments everyday:) I have had many different styles. I can bring in a picture and she has been able to duplicate it everytime. She is very patient with my indecision and is always there to offer guidance for cut and color.
She is super laid-back and her schedule is flexible since it is her own salon. She has even fit me in at 8pm for a full cut and color. Now that's service!!
The scalp massage is out of this world and the complimentary glass of WINE is the perfect touch!!
01/14/2010Provided by Citysearch -
1) Stephanie at Grape Vine is an awesome combo. I've alway had some gripes with how the whole haircut stuff was done in general.... but no more. Everything from setting up the appointment to paying is done with Stephanie. I love the fact that I can just send a text and see when she has time. And I guess it's because she does her own booking... but I NEVER have to wait for her to finish up with someone. So in 2-3 years or so I've just been able to go in and get started right away.
2) I've been to many different people but no one comes close to Stephanie's shampooing/head massage. You really won't know what you're missing until you find out for yourself.
3) The idea of a private suite is really cool. You never feel awkward being escorted across a salon with funky hair and it's just so easy being centralized during the whole cut like that. And the view is really great.
4) Obviously, the main reason to read haircut reviews is to find out how good a job they'll do. Stephanie definitely exceeds in this area as well. She is the only person to date I've found that can CONSISTENTLY give me a great haircut. I'm a 20s male with thick curly hair. Most guys my age with curls have such a tough time dealing with this kind of hair that we basically just buzz it off. After meeting Stephanie I've never thought about buzzing it off. She does such a great job. And it's not just curly hair. One of my girl friends with straight hair started going to Stephanie after losing one of her stylists and she's been very happy.
5) She goes the extra mile and doesn't cut corners. Since my hair is so thick I often have to shower immediately after haircuts because there is just too much hair everywhere! It's something I've just become accustom to doing. Stephanie actually takes me back to the sink to rinse out before sending me on my way on her own initiative.
6) Last but not least! Stephanie herself has AWESOME hair. I'm probably being ridiculous, but I've always found it kind of annoying to try out ""curly hair specialists"" and notice that they've taken the easy way out and just straighten their hair. That, and I just feel better getting my hair cut by someone who has awesome-looking hair.
01/13/2010Provided by Citysearch -
Steph is amazing. I have been going to her for about three years now. She is able to tame my wild curly hair, which by itself would be enough, but then you add the color and highlights. Each time I love it a little bit more.
She always listens to what I would like to do and suggests realistic goals that will work with my hair's natural texture. She has taught me how to dry my hair so I have no frizz and thanks to her I no longer have triangle shaped hair.
The private suite ensures that your visit is all about you, online booking makes getting an appointment quick and easy and garage parking is free.
01/09/2010Provided by Citysearch -
stephanie meets all my requirements for a stylist, laid back, relaxing refreshing atmosphere at her private location, and flexible scheduling! she has great ideas about styles if i ask, but is never pushy, and can often fit me in if i am in that ""i cannot stand this hair one more day!"" mood. she has recently started cutting my boyfriends hair and he loves it. he actually got compliments from 3 different guy friends!
01/04/2010Provided by Citysearch -
I have been a customer of Steph for 3 years. She always understands what I want my hair to look like and delivers. The best thing is that your appointment is never pushed back and that you can set up your appointment by texting, another great thing is the personalized attention and service Steph provides, as well as a great 1x1 enviroment with no unwanted distractions only great conversation.
I highly recommend Steph for mens haircuts, a great haircut at a great price and as quick as you need your haircut to be.