Atlas Physical Therapy
7718 Wood Hollow Dr Ste 105, Austin, TX 78731
Specialties: Sports Medicine, Aches & Pains, Athletic Medicine, Back Problems, Sports Physician
No coupons available
Be the first to add a photo!
03/20/2012Provided by Citysearch -
I would give them 5 stars. The lady that worked on my shoulder did a good job and gave me some cool tips on how to avoid getting hurt while working out. I haven't had a problem since and got back into the gym quicker than I thought I would. So Thanks..
03/13/2012Provided by Citysearch -
I killed myself on a bike ride.. (well almost) and royally screwed up my shoulder. The pain was unbearable and I finally went to a doctor to get it taken care of. I was referred to Atlas physical therapy and I am so glad that I went. I went for the first time and the staff was nice and made filling out the paperwork easy. They got all my insurance stuff taken care of and I got on with my treatment. My physical therapist, Vicky, was firm but gentle and let me know exactly what I needed to do to get back to 100%. We worked on it and I am good and back riding and I can't thank them enough. Everyone was helpful and I had a great experience. I wish I could give them 6 stars!!! Highly recommend them.
11/27/2010Provided by Citysearch -
Being a member of the ""older"" generation. first time knee surgery and first time physical therapy; I was rather apprehensive in chosing where to go. I knew after my first appointment I had chosen well. The atmosphere is friendly and the staff is knowledgeable and caring. They are very considerate when dealing with my particular level of discomfort or pain. My therapy was individualized for me and proceeded at my comfort level. Viki is very knowledgeable, perceptive and professional; she adjusted each therapy session to deal with each level of my recovery process. Toni made the insurance process one less burden for me to deal with. So, if you have to go to physical therapy and you want to have the personal, caring approach instead of just being a number, this is the place to go!
I've been to been to several PT clinics and can tell you that Atlas stands out. They provide topnotch personalized, professional care. It's refreshing to find folks who really want to help. Why Atlas?
- It's NOT part of a big corporation or owned by the treating doctor. Atlas is locally, privately owned by Vicky L. Bledsoe, PT, LAT and Toni Wagner, a safety and occupational health specialist. They are extremely competent, professional, friendly, and genuinely interested in helping you meet your goals as quickly and painlessly as possible.
- Vicky worked closely with my doctor throughout treatment, making adjustments along the way to keep treatment on track, making the most of each visit. She shares observations with the doctor that can't observed during a 10-15 minute office visit. Other clinics only sent progress notes every 4-6 weeks, using up allowed visits.
- Toni is fabulous at navigating the insurance maze. She helped me to understand my benefits, made sure there were no surprises, and saved me hours and hours of insurance hassle.
- PT can be awkward and painful. Vicky immediately puts you at ease, making the work fun. She does everything she can to minimize your discomfort.
- Vicky has eyes in the back of her head, noticing the slightest wince, falter, gate change, or instability. She knows exactly how far you can push without hurting yourself. Vicky does a superb job of monitoring your activity and progress.
Bottom line: I won't go anywhere else.
10/03/2010Provided by Citysearch -
Atlas PT gets my vote for Best PT in Austin!!
OK, maybe I haven't been to every PT clinic in Austin, but I've been to enough to know that Atlas stands out. They go the extra mile to provide topnotch personalized and professional care. Several years ago, I had been to a couple clinics before I found Atlas. It was refreshing to find folks who really cared about helping me. More recently, after surgery, insurance limitations forced me to go elsewhere for PT. I tried working with two other clinics on my plan, but it wasn't working for me. I finally went back to Atlas - without the help of my insurance - because I knew I could get the care I need at Atlas. The difference in quality of care is like day and night.
A few of the things that I think put Atlas way out in front:
- Atlas is locally and privately owned by Vicky L. Bledsoe, PT, LAT and Toni Wagner, a safety and occupational health specialist. They are NOT part of a big corporate clinic nor are they owned by the treating doctor. The folks at Atlas are extremely competent, professional, friendly, and genuinely interested in helping you to meet your goals as quickly and painlessly as possible.
- Vicky regularly speaks directly to my doctor directly throughout treatment, making necessary adjustments along the way. She shares observations with the doctor that the doctor can't possibly observe during a 10-15 minute office visit. She keeps the treatment plan on track and makes the most of each visit. The other clinics never spoke directly with my doctor. Communication was limited to brief, written progress notes every 4-6 weeks. It's easy to use up your allowed visits this way.
- Toni is fabulous at navigating the insurance maze. She helps folks to understand their benefits and makes sure there are no surprises. The other guys were not at all concerned if I exceeded limits and ended up paying out of pocket. It was a constant worry at the other clinics, since my insurance would only approve a couple of visits at a time. Toni saved me hours and hours of insurance hassle.
- Physical therapy can be awkward and painful. Vicky immediately puts you at ease. She makes the work fun and does everything she can to minimize your discomfort. For example, Vicky applies ice packs after a workout to minimize residual pain. She even keeps a blanket ready for me because I'm a wimp with the cold. Don't expect other clinics to ice you down after painful work. If they can't bill your insurance for it, it's not going to happen.
- Vicky has eyes in the back of her head. She notices the slightest wince, falter, gate change, or instability. She knows exactly how far you can push yourself without hurting yourself. Vicky does a superb job of monitoring your activity and progress. She's very knowledgeable and experienced.
The bottom line is that I won't ever go to any other PT clinic again if I can help it.
02/23/2010Provided by Citysearch -
This is my first encounter with a physical therapist. They are professional while still personal. They are firm and challenging while still supportive and understanding. They are knowledgeable and open to suggestions for improvement. The experience could not have been better. My broken ankle now supports dancing 2 times a week!
They even have puzzles to help you pass the time during some of the more boring parts of the treatments.
05/24/2009Provided by Citysearch -
I was referred to Atlas after seeing another PT that was nice, but not effective in improvement to my condition. Vickie and her staff are friendly, happy to see me (or good actors!) and very willing to work around my strange schedule that often changes due to work situations and other doctor's appointments. They do good research regarding my needs and available treatments and always remember the little things that make it go easier for me.
While PT is rarely a comfortable experience, it is something I can tolerate when I see the improvement each week. Atlas uses the latest in equipment and knowledge to address my specific issues. Their attitude and manner make the whole experience worth it!
02/06/2009Provided by Citysearch -
I was body slammed, seriously injured and in tremendous pain. My Ortho recommended Atlas PT and Vicky Bledsoe worked her magic to help straighten out my mangled frame. Vicky Bledsoe is amazing and a true healer. She is also an athlete and a consummate professional. I highly recommend her to anyone with a debilitating injury. It's rare to find someone who is truly passionate about helping her clients work to get their life back. You can trust that you are in good hands. Atlas PT is the best!
02/02/2009Provided by Citysearch -
I won't say that I exactly look forward to my visits to Atlas Physical Therapy, but I will say that they make me as welcome and comfortable as possible during my treatments.
I agree with all the other reviews, they are knowledgeable, professional and very caring. What I really like though is that they are really friendly. There is a lot of good natured banter between the patients and the staff, and between the patients.
The reason I chose Atlas Physical Therapy is because a couple of my co-workers have been to them in the past and they told me that I had no choice but to go to Atlas. I am glad I listened to them.
12/12/2008Provided by Citysearch -
Everybody at Atlas Physical Therapy is knowledgeable, kind, and compassionate. Vickie knows how to motivate you even when you feel discouraged. I would recommend her for anything from a minor sprain to rehab for an extensive surgery. She is extremely skilled as a Physical Therapist and unlike many people in the medical field, she takes time to listen to her clients. I cannot say enough of how appreciative I am for all of the staff at Atlas. If I could give another star, I would!
11/21/2008Provided by Citysearch -
It is amazing how much I have been helped...healed...at Atlas. I have been treated at various times for several surgeries or accidents. Vickey knew exactly what I needed to accomplish, and set a program that met my physical needs. Treatment at another facility had NOT helped at all. The entire staff is friendly, efficient and concerned. I highly recommend Atlas P.T. if you are in need of services.
07/25/2008Provided by Citysearch -
The best physical therapist in Metro Austin. Vickie Bledsoe is highly recommended by several Orthpedic and Podiatry professionals. She re-habbed me after hip replacement surgery and removed bursitis sacs
on other occasions. My wife has rehabbed with her after knee replacement and achilles heel surgery. She is pleasant, personable and her associates follow her same traits. Her treatment is worth driving an extra
20 miles each way.
02/26/2008Provided by Citysearch -
What a courteous, informed, and communicative staff! They're highly organized and keep their facility very clean. Vicky is very knowledgable and will clearly and patiently explain, well, as much as you wish to know about the physiology of your problem. Atlas was very effective and enjoyable PT experience. I highly recommend these professionals and will utilize them in the future for my PT needs.
02/04/2008Provided by Citysearch -
Let?s face it ? PT can be quite bothersome (both time wise and pain wise). But Vicky actually motivates you and makes PT fun. From the moment I walked in, I knew that I had found the best PT in Austin. I have been to a few PT practices here in Austin and I have never received the genuine care that I do at Atlas. Vicky treats all of her patients with so much respect. She is very knowledgeable and is truly the most patient person I?ve ever met. She makes you feel comfortable and truly cares about your well-being. Toni is just as amazing in coordinating all the paperwork and insurance. And the assistants are very helpful and enjoyable as well. I actually enjoy PT now and can really focus on recovering from my injuries without feeling like PT is an obligation.
11/27/2007Provided by Citysearch -
The atmosphere is conducive to putting energy back into a tired and worn human body. Therapy is challenging and full of positive results. The challenge of finding relief for aches, pains and unused muscles is a talent of Vicky's that allows one to again enjoy movement of body and limbs. I would never have thought chilled knees could be so refreshing after a workout, yet the pleasure of walking without a limp is a delight I now can enjoy. Great People, Atmosphere, Attitudes, Location, and the results are well worth enjoying Atlas Physical Therapy. They work great to keep our bodies in motion. I heeded the advice of my Doctor and am glad i was directed to such a talented organization. It may be small but, it is very personable and able in finding ways to improve my physical heath.
10/29/2007Provided by Citysearch -
In the past I have gone to those large impersonal rehabilitation clinics, but after having therapy at Atlas I will never go anywhere else. I never knew what ""good quality"" physical therapy was. I always thought it was a waste of time, until I went to Atlas.
I'm 24 and had a discectomy (back surgery) only a month ago, and was feeling a little discouraged about being so young and having what I thought would be a major lifestyle change. But Vicky has convinced me otherwise. She let me know there is no reason I can't continue doing the activities I love as long as I'm doing them ""smartly."" Vicky has a very personal hands on approach with her patients, as I have observed many others. She really gets to know her patients and really seems to care about their well being. She has a great facility and she definitely knows her stuff.
I love the Atlas environment. Immediately you feel right at home with Vicky as well as the other friendly members of staff. I always dreaded Physical Therapy in the past, but now look forward to each and every session. It may be hard work, but nothing valuable in life comes easy.
I will never hesitate to recommend anyone to this establishment. Thank you Vicky for helping me remain optimistic and helping me get my life back!
10/14/2007Provided by Citysearch -
Vicky takes an interest in you, not just your injury or disability. She makes PT fun, even though it can be painful, hard work. She is a magician who can always figure out what to do to make you feel better. She treats you with the same respect and care whether you are a top athlete, a weekend warrior, or a firmly established mouse-potato like me. I am a repeat client (knee problems) and I won't go to anyone else. I have tried large PT clinics and I just didn't receive the same excellent care I get at Atlas PT.
10/05/2007Provided by Citysearch -
Atlas is the best - they genuinely care about their patients and work hard to make physical therapy not only curative, but fun. Toni was great to work with on insurance issues - patiently answering any questions I had on the paperwork. Vicky gives generously of her time and talent and I left knowing I could call with any issues I may have in the future or to ask her for help and guidance on my aches and pains. Or just stop by for a cup of coffee and check in on life in general. If I ever need PT in the future, I will most definitely be calling Atlas!