The Fielder Museum is located at the corner of Fielder and Abram streets in Arlington. The two-story building, a community landmark, was built in 1914 as the home of James Park and Mattie (Barnes) Fielder, Sr. Fielder was a successful lawyer, banker, farmer, and philanthropist, who had come to Texas from Tennessee in 1884. The Fielder House was one of the earliest brick homes in Arlington. It had electrical lighting, central heating, a hot-water system, and indoor plumbing. It crowned a 215-acre hilltop farm and became known as the "Home on the Hill." It was surrounded by large oaks and reportedly had one of the finest fruit orchards and vegetable gardens in the county.