Allentown Parking Authority
603 W Linden St, Allentown, PA 18101
No coupons available
Be the first to add a photo!
The Allentown PA Parking Authority is a business that targets low-income families for profit (period)
How much profit? AT LEAST 5 million dollars annually. Proof: manta[dot]com/coms2/dnbcompany_cr54zt
More Proof: allentownparking[dot]com/assets/pdfs/APA_Audit-123108.pdf
If you think they HAVE to give out tons of tickets... you're wrong! A large number of tickets are given out due to ""Street Cleaning"".
Street Cleaning closes down 25% of Center City parking for several hours 4 days a week in a City that is AWARE OF THE FACT that there are not enough places to park already.
Craig Messinger of the Allentown Streets Department (who actually seems like a nice guy) claims the City ""has to"" street clean because of regulations from Fed. & State Government with regard to pollutants that enter into the water supply via street drains/gutters so their hands are tied.
HOWEVER! Allentown's water filter system is archaic!
Solution: Take the MILLIONS the Parking Authority makes and re-invest it into replacing the gutters with newer ones! This would eliminate the need for all the redundant street cleaning, solve the parking problem and make more citizens happy and less inconvenienced!
If you agree with the proposed solution above then call this guy at the Allentown Dept of Public Works and rip into him: Richard Young - 610-437-7587
PROTEST! PROTEST! PROTEST!
Its unlikely that Allentown will organize and rise-up but that doesn't mean you can't do what they do ... which is ... Stay within the Law and be increadibly annoying.
1) Pay tickets in person with Pennies (it's legal US tender)
2) Pay tickets in person and SPEAK LOUDLY
3) Call often and keep them on the phone with annoying questions
4) Fax them things you feel are relivant to your ticket ... (200 page map of Allentown?)
5) come up with more ideas and post them here...
1) These idiots can boot your car without a trial and without knowing if you need the vehicle for medical reasons ... WHAT A BRILLIANT IDEA! Lets possibly ki ll someone over a few dollars
2) Don't get me started on the ""10 days to pay or the fine increases"" ... What if I get paid every 2 weeks (14 days)? Am I now more of a menace to society that I should have to pay more? Was I a menace in the first place?
3) Try and find some information about your rights as a citizen on their website .. I double dog dare you! Oh.. and if your looking for the law you broke ... well ... its not on the ticket so good luck! Your basically instructed to just pay the fine ASAP however you CAN dispute the ticket ... but you'll lose.
4) Tickets are handed out without logic ... you could park in the desert with no cars within a hundred miles, but if your car is ""facing the wrong way"" (which is the biggest B.S. ticket of them all!) you'll still get a fine.
5) There is a car in a parking lot by my home with a distress rag in the drivers side window to indicate the car broke down. 2 days later it now has 3 tickets on the windshield. We're in a recession! Allentown stinks at bringing jobs here! Have some freakin compassion you A-holes!
6) Why does the parking authority own a fleet of hi-tech cars? TAKE THE DAMN BUS OR WALK! … What’s that? It’s a hassle? TOO BAD! You should know the feeling of what you put people through.
7) If you've ever been to the Allentown Parking Authority you'll notice they sit behind glass ... hmmm .. i wonder why they feel the need to do that? Would it be people angry about the wonderful service they provide?
12/22/2008Provided by Citysearch -
Horrible, inconsiderate and not consistent, poorly run and managed withour proper common sense guidelines. They ticket people for parking down (wrong side of no thru street and no houses on the side of the street).hill during a snow store so as to be able to pull out after being plowed in. Meanwhile commercial tire warehouse one block away parks in NO PARKING zones daily and blocks the street, no tickets. Commercial vehicles frequently parked on streets in neighborhood, no tickets. Obviously just instructed to harass home owners so as to get their quota up. Junked card parked in back yards and no violations. A person was parked at the corner blocking the fire hydrant, with his rear end well out in the street for 32 hours, no ticket--- What is up. Tickets in town for being parked in ""cleaning Zone"" today-- like the street sweeper was out? They did not plow or do anything on the street in that time. OUT OF CONTROL AND POORLY MANAGED