Morse Museum Of American ArtAdd to mybook
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Louis Comfort Tiffany, one of the most creative and prolific designers of the late 19th-century, declared that his life-long goal was “the pursuit of beauty.” With its comprehensive assemblage of Tiffanys work, the Morse Museums collection uniquely documents that quest. Although his father, Charles Lewis, had founded the most prestigious silver and jewelry company in America, Louis chose another professional direction.
The world's most comprehensive collection of works by Louis Comfort Tiffany (1848–1933) is housed at The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art. The Museum's Tiffany collection includes jewelry, pottery, paintings, art glass, leaded-glass windows and lamps, and the chapel interior the artist designed for the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago. The Museum's holdings also include a major collection of American art pottery and representative collections of late 19th- and early 20th-century American painting, graphics, and decorative art.
- Business History
- For 35 years, the Museum was housed on the campus of Rollins College and known as the Morse Gallery of Art. In 1977, it was relocated to 151 East Welbourne Avenue in Winter Park, and its name was changed in the mid-1980s to The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art.
- Group Tours, Museum Store, Museum Shop, Late 19th, Early-20th Century American Painting, Early 20th Century American Painting, Art Pottery & Decorative Art, American Art Pottery. (We are NOT an Art Dealer)
- Payment method:
- cash, all major credit cards, debit
- Price Range:
- You are invited to become a member of the Morse Museum.
- From I-4, take the Fairbanks Avenue exit (Exit 87). Drive toward Winter Park 1.8 miles. Turn left onto Park Avenue. Proceed 1/2 mile to the Museum.
- Winter Park
- Gift shop, restrooms, free parking, Guied tours, wheelchairs, membership, lectures and films
Charles Hosmer Morse Foundation, Inc., Elizabeth Morse Genius Foundation
- Charles Hosmer Morse Foundation, Inc., Elizabeth Morse Genius Foundation
The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art
- Art Galleries, Dealers & Consultants, Museums, Tourist Information & Attractions, Amusement Places & Arcades, Places Of Interest, Historical Places, Art Museums
The Morse Museum in Winterpark, Florida is one of the finest and most elegant museums in the United States. It features the fabulous glassworks of Louis Comfort Tiffany, the grand master of leaded glass. But this museum features much more than stained glass. It is impossible to truly appreciate the work of this great artist in just one visit! But find out for yourself...but leave plenty of time to browse both the... view moreWas this review helpful?Yes No|Flag Abuse