The Morse Museum in Winterpark, Florida is one of the finest and most elegant museums in the United States. It features the fabulous glassworks of Louis Comfort Tiffany, the grand master of leaded glass. But this museum features much more than stained glass. It is impossible to truly appreciate the work of this great artist in just one visit! But find out for yourself...but leave plenty of time to browse both the museum and the gift shop!
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- The world's most comprehensive collection of works by Louis Comfort Tiffany (1848–1933) is housed at The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art. The Museum's Tiffany collection includes jewelry, pottery, paintings, art glass, leaded-glass windows and lamps, and the chapel interior the artist designed for the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago. The Museum's holdings also include a major collection of American art pottery and representative collections of late 19th- and early 20th-century American painting, graphics, and decorative art.
- Business History
- For 35 years, the Museum was housed on the campus of Rollins College and known as the Morse Gallery of Art. In 1977, it was relocated to 151 East Welbourne Avenue in Winter Park, and its name was changed in the mid-1980s to The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art.
- Payment method:
- cash, all major credit cards, debit
- Price Range:
- You are invited to become a member of the Morse Museum.
- From I-4, take the Fairbanks Avenue exit (Exit 87). Drive toward Winter Park 1.8 miles. Turn left onto Park Avenue. Proceed 1/2 mile to the Museum.
- Winter Park
- Gift shop, restrooms, free parking, Guied tours, wheelchairs, membership, lectures and films
Charles Hosmer Morse Foundation, Inc., Elizabeth Morse Genius Foundation
- Charles Hosmer Morse Foundation, Inc., Elizabeth Morse Genius Foundation
The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art
- Art Galleries, Dealers & Consultants, Museums, Tourist Information & Attractions, Amusement Places & Arcades
- Other Information:
Parking: Street, Lot, On Site, Free
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Specialties: Special Occasions, Museums, Events