SciWorks The Science Center & Environmental Park Of Forsyth CountyAdd to My Book
Tue - Fri 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Sat 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- More Info:
- SciWorks, a hands-on science center, is a great place for families, kids, and adults to learn about science while having fun! Able to serve several hundred group visitors at a time, SciWorks is home to permanent exhibits which include: Foucault Pendulum, PhysicsWorks, SoundWorks, HealthWorks, BioWorks, KevaWorks, and KidsWorks. The 17-acre Science & Environmental Park includes habitats to live animals (otters and deer), nature trails, interactive outdoor exhibits, themed-gardens, and a barn with goats, sheep, donkeys, and cows. Time to visit the museum should be scheduled for no less than one hour. SciWorks is a non-profit organization and over half of its expenditures is supported by memberships and donations.
- 25,000 Square Feet of Exhibits, 17-acre Environmental & Science Park, 119-seat Planetarium, Demonstrations & Special Programs, 143-seat Auditorium, Live Animals, Nature Trails, Themed-Birthday Parties, Gift Shop, Rental Facility for all special events, Summer Camps, and Field Trips.
- Payment method:
- check, paypal, debit, visa, mastercard, cash
- Located in Northern Winston-Salem. Take Hanes Mill Exit off Hwy 52. For public transportation - located on WSTA Route 44: Northside Connector
- Picnic Areas and Vending, Free Parking, ADA Handicapped Accessible
- Parks, Planetariums, Wedding Reception Locations & Services, Animals-Circus, Zoo & Preserve, Science Museums