- Mon Closed, Tue - Sat 11:00 am - 7:00 pm, Sun Closed
- General Info:
- THE PUPPY COTTAGE IS UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP!! New owners Kevin Webb and Josephine Buono have changed the Puppy Cottage into a family friendly environment and look forward to seeing you soon! Our adorable puppies move quickly, so if a puppy is in your future, come see us right away! Once you have played with one of our beautiful puppies, you will fall in love. Since our puppies are quickly acquired by loving families, our inventory of puppies is constantly changing. If you see one you love, do not wait to take them home! We keep our puppies in a safe and pet-friendly environment. They are well cared for and will fit right into your loving home. We offer a Family and Friends Discount Club. With the purchase of a puppy, you will receive a 10% discount on supplies. When it is time to get your new puppy groomed, remember to call us first! We have pet grooming on-site. We also breed German Shepherds, so check with us often if you are looking to add a German Shepherd puppy to your family. Come see us soon!!
- Extra Phones:
5403237497: (540) 323-7174
- Kong, Lola Bean puppy pads, Mid West Kennels, Nutro dog food, Pet Organics, Tuft Love, Zuts, natures recipe
- Payment method:
- master card, cash, financing available, discover, visa
- located next to the sunoco gas station across from bank of clark co in winchester va
- doggie day care ,grooming ,can also recommend trainers for your new best friend
- NDGAA member, NFIB Member, Shenandoah Valley Ruritan Club
Puppy Cottage VA
- Dog & Cat Furnishings & Supplies, Pet Breeders, Pet Grooming, Pet Services, Pet Stores
- Other Information:
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
This place sells puppies that they get from *puppy mills*! If you do not know what that is, look it up. Please educate yourself before you blindly get sucked in by these horrible shop owners!
Do NOT buy these puppies, no matter what. They are cute, sure - all puppies are. But be responsible and buy from a reputable breeder instead. Read the review below - someone got a puppy from here that was insanely ill! It's a tragic story & you should take the time to read it if you are seriously considering wasting your time to come to this place.
I have actually personally walked through this shop. They had 2 boy pugs who I adored. But I did not buy them. I waited, saved up, and got a healthy and happy little purebred girl pug who has papers, is of age, and is healthy. Their pugs had thin legs and overly bulging eyes and big "apple" foreheads(all signs of them not being pure pugs!). They were also clearly too tiny, so they were not the proper 8 weeks that they should be before taking them away from their mother & litter mates. While it means they are tinier and therefore they may look cuter, any and every person who is educated in this area will tell you that taking them when they are too young causes serious problems! Particularly bad behavioral problems. These boys grabbed at our clothes and would compulsively pull and pull and pull, not doing anything else or playing properly(they were not old enough to be teething so don't argue that, in case you may be considering that reasoning). They had ZERO bite inhibition -- one of the biggest and most debilitating problems a dog can have, & one of the biggest problems caused by taking them and selling them too young! They also yapped and yapped when you walked away, which is yet another issue of being taken away and sold prematurely. Pugs are notoriously quiet dogs, especially for "lap dogs"/being a toy breed. But these guys yapped and screamed and did not play properly, chewed on the bars... the list goes on.. & these were just 2 of the many, many puppies they had! The poor things are in cages all day. Even if they did not come from those disgusting and totally morally reprehensible puppy mills, they would still not be a good choice for anyone, ever.
You can easily tell they are only in it for the money. Anyone who owns a place like this is. Money, money, money, & who cares about the puppies? They just emphasize how cute they are, and being pups, of course the little buggers sell themselves!
These people are absolutely wretched, & I cannot wait until they go out of business, & these types of places are banned for good.
It is 100% animal cruelty, and it makes me sick.
This place does not deserve your money, & the poor puppies deserve better... this is NOT to say they should get better by you buying them and "rescuing them". Why? Because by "rescuing them", you are REALLY just giving the company MORE MONEY and then they will just REPLACE that cage with a new puppy and over and over it goes again! As long as uneducated, ignorant people keep supplying these places with cash for these sick, underdeveloped, sad puppies, they will continue to do these horrible things. It's a vicious, ugly cycle.
If you buy from here, you are supporting said cruelty, & you should be ashamed of yourself. I'm sorry, but it's true.
Avoid this place like the plague if you care about animals at all.
My Maltese Marlo is the most adorable,playful,loving puppy. He has a clean bill of health & the owners of the Puppy Cottage are amazing Dog loving people. I spent time in the puppy cottage learning about my puppy and how to care for him. They are extremely helpful. I would recommend this puppy Store to anyone looking for a new puppy addition to their family.
So in Love with my new Puppy.
Love,Myra & family....
Posted: 1/3/2011Provided by Citysearch -
I adopted a sick puppy, Lu Lu, from the Puppy Cottage! After 24hrs of adopting her we were at a vet hospital fighting to save her life. Please view Lu Lu's story on her Facebook page. Search Lu Lu Story or Lu Lu's Story in Facebook. If you are a victim please contact us and if not please pass her Facebook page to everyone you know.