Olive Garden Italian Restaurant
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Since its founding in Orlando in 1982, Olive Garden has been dedicated to providing a warm, welcoming dining experience and Italian hospitality to everyone who walks in the door. Today, our 800+ restaurants have evolved with our customers’ favorites in mind. Inspired by Italian generosity and love of amazing food, our menu is always expanding to ensure that there is something new to try and something everyone will enjoy. That means you can indulge in classic Italian favorites like Chicken Parmigiana and Fettuccine Alfredo served with the salad and breadsticks you love. And take your pick from our scrumptious appetizers, entrees, desserts, wines and specialty drinks. Plus, explore special menus with children's, gluten-sensitive and lighter fare options. Or order it all ToGo and have your favorite food ready for pickup. At Olive Garden, we believe that life is better together and everyone is happiest with family, however you define it. Which is why we encourage togetherness in everything we do. OWNER INFORMATION Bill Darden was just 19-years-old when he opened his first restaurant in 1938. It was a 25-seat luncheonette in Waycross, Ga., called The Green Frog and promised “Service with a Hop”. He went on to open the first Olive Garden in Orlando, Florida in 1982. Olive Garden continues to be the number one full-service Italian restaurant company in the country with more than 800 restaurants bringing Italian hospitality to hungry people around the world.
- All your favorite things come together at Olive Garden. And now, there’s even more to love with All-New FlavorFilled Pairings. Freshly-filled pastas bursting with indulgent flavors and perfectly paired with irresistible steak, chicken, or shrimp. Enjoy your choice of delicious Lobster Ravioli & Tuscan Sirloin, Spinach and Ricotta Mezzaluna Ravioli & Sautéed Jumbo Shrimp, and Asiago Tortelloni & Parmesan Crusted Chicken. And, as always, start with unlimited soup or salad and breadsticks, on us. Inspired by Italian generosity and love of amazing food, our menu has something for everyone and features a variety of Italian specialties, including classic and filled pastas, chicken, seafood and beef. From indulgent appetizers to entrées, desserts, wines and specialty drinks, there’s always something everyone will enjoy. Life is better together. So come in today and satisfy your craving for comfort and connection. We’re all family here.
- Payment method:
- master card, visa, amex, discover
- Italian Restaurants, Take Out Restaurants, Restaurants, American Restaurants, Family Style Restaurants
- Other Information:
Bike Parking: No
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Cuisines: Italian, European, Continental
Alcohol: Beer, Full Bar, Wine
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: No
Price Range : Average
04/11/2011Provided by Citysearch -
In April, 2011, I took my family to Olive Garden (Whitehall, PA) on a Sunday night to spend some gift cards we received.
It had been a number of years since my last visit to the Olive Garden, primarily because independent Italian restaurants, in my opinion, offer better product.
The TV commercials we had seen showing Olive Garden chefs going to cooking school in Italy gave us much excitement - especially for an extremely rare Sunday family night out. We were looking forward to this visit.
As we approached the restaurant, I was pleasantly surprised to see a considerable crowd waiting outside on a Sunday night. I have always believed good food is worth the wait and had no problem with the time it took us to get seated.
It was after we were seated the trouble began. Our table wasn't cleaned properly. Our salad plates were served wet with water. The breadsticks were dry - likely from being slightly overbaked.
I ordered the Chicken Parm, primarily b/c it is a safe dish that is hard to screw up. It was overcooked like it was left in the fryer too long.
The food was edible, but bland and uninspiring. If you are the kind of person that likes cafeteria-like institutional cooking, this might very well be the place for you.
Otherwise, there are too many good Italian restaurants in the area to waste your time here. I would definitely look elsewhere.
I have to say out of all the restraunts i go to. This is one of my favorite!! The food is delicious and all the waitress's and waiter's are very pleasent..They are always smiling and checking up on ya when you need something. And the service is pretty quick too. Just all those things mix great together and make a outstanding place to go to, to get a meal..