White Oak Animal Safe HavenAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- Donations Wish List - Dog & Puppy Food (Dry and Canned, please no kibbles n bits) - - Treats for both cats and dogs - - Cat and Kitten Food (Dry and Canned) - - Cat and Dog Toys - - KMR (powdered milk for newborn kittens) - - Advantage Flea Treatment for Dogs and Cats - - Quat Disinfectant for Cleaning Cages - - Leashes and Collars of all lengths and sizes - - HP Inkjet Cartridge 920 Colors & LD-HP975 Black - - Laundry Detergent, Bleach, Hand Soap, Disinfectant Cleaners, and cleaning supplies - - Paper, Pens, Printer Paper, Note Pads, etc. - Coming soon we will be accepting PayPal donations
White Oak Animal Safe Haven was founded by Ina Jean Marton. She opened the doors to the shelter on September 21, 2003. The main goal of this shelter was, and still is, to save homeless and stray animals. There are countless reasons why no-kill shelters are so important. First and foremost, it is extremely unfair to the animals to be euthanized for any reason besides a serious medical issue where they are suffering. A no-kill shelter would never euthanize an animal to make room for another or because an animal has been in the shelter for a certain length of time.
No-kill shelters are more likely to find a suitable home for the individual pet and make the new owners aware of the pet's strengths and weaknesses. We understand that certain animals cannot go to homes with other animals or possibly a certain dog cannot be placed in a home with children. We will find the best possible home for our animals as to not ever put them in danger. Our ultimate goal is to make their new homes their forever homes, we do not want any of our pets to end up homeless again and especially for something that could have been avoided from the start.
A no-kill shelter will give owners peace of mind knowing that if they have to surrender their pet to us, it will be with us until it finds a new home. Owners can know that under no circumstance will their pet be euthanized. If for some reason their pet didn't adjust to its new home, we have a contract stating that it must come back to us and never end up in another shelter. Our shelter, White Oak Animal Safe Haven, runs strictly on donations and fundraising, we do not accept any type of government funding. All of the wonderful people that keep it going are volunteers and do what they do for the animals out of the goodness of their hearts. Our shelter animals are treated with love and care every day because our volunteers want to be there daily to love them, not because they are paid to do it. In closing, no-kill shelters aren't only important to the animals, they also affect? any person involved with their facility. One day, we can all only hope that every animal shelter will be no-kill and no pet will ever die because there was not enough space for them or they could not find their forever home. After all, whose fault is it that there are too many animals and not enough homes?
- Payment method:
- check, all major credit cards
- Across from the White Oak Municipality/Police Building
- McKeesport - White Oak
- Spay and NeuterMicro-ChipShots/Rabies
- Animal Shelters, Pet Services