The Atlas RoomAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- The Atlas Room offers a dining room that strives to provide a menu of local seasonal offerings in a unique and relaxed atmosphere. Its modern American cooking style draws inspiration from around the globe while focusing the menu on local and sustainable ingredients. The bar offers the opportunity to indulge in a selection of signature cocktails and wines while relishing the seasonal and ever evolving menu. Our style of dining reflects today's eating sensibility. Chef / Owner Matt Cordes The Atlas Room's Chef / Owner Matt Cordes started in the hospitality business when he was still in school. Like a lot of chefs he started out with a natural curiosity for the kitchen at home, when he had to prepare food for himself while his parents worked, and then doing prep work and making pizzas at a local restaurant to make money for gas and other expenses. The experience stuck with him as he went on to college at George Mason University. To pay his way through school, he waited tables and eventually decided to try and get a full time job as a cook. The first Prep Cook position he held was at the now closed Evans Farm Inn in Mclean, Virginia.....Read More on Our website. Chef de Cuisine Bobby Beard Bobby Beard developed his love for food at a young age from his grandmother while growing up on a dairy farm in central Pennsylvania. Cooking for a large family, his Grandmother used only the freshest vegetables grown in her garden and the daily milk from her dairy cows. As a teenager, Bobby worked his way through high school at local restaurants and began learning the ins and outs of the restaurant business. He soon found himself planning for a career in the industry. Upon completing high school he was accepted to the apprenticeship program at the renowned Hotel Hershey. World traveled Swiss Chef Heinz Hotel introduced Bobby to a European sensibility in cooking......read more on our website. Menu Concept: The Chef/Owner states The Atlas Room offers Global flavors through utilizing local ingredients, regional influences and classic French/Italian cooking techniques. The menu focuses a central ingredient presented in three different ways, and portion sizes. Shying away from the recent trend of overly large plating in the DC metro area, The Atlas Room emphasizes the integrity and personality of the ingredients themselves.
- Hours of Operations: * Tuesday - Thursday 5:30 PM to 10:00 PM * Friday and Saturday 5:30 PM to 10:30 PM * Lounge: Tuesday - Thursday 5:30 PM to 1:00 AM * Friday and Saturday 5:30 PM to 2:00 AM * Sunday Brunch 11:30 AM to 3:00 PM * Chef/Owner: Matthew Cordes * Chef de Cuisine: Bobby Beard * Service Manager: Mark Medley Reservation and Seating Policies: The Atlas Room is a reservation driven restaurant. We do welcome walk-ins and will accommodate them whenever possible. We do have a lounge area where we serve the full menu and we do not accept reservations for this area with the exception of immediate neighbors. This policy is meant to ensure guest enjoyment of their experience with us. Our dining room seats 28 people at 7 tables at any one time with additional 8 seats at two high top lounge tables, 6 seats at the bar and additional 6 seats along the lounge edge . Reservations are accepted by phone only! This policy is our only option given the size of the room. A reservations/ manager are here to answer the phone around 3pm Tuesday thru Saturday. Sunday 10 am. till 4pm. All other times, please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible. Reservation request messages left on the answering machine are honored in the order they are received.
- Payment method:
- mastercard, amex, visa
- Centrally located in the heart of the H Street Corridor at 10th and H Street NE
- Northeast Washington, Capitol Hill, Stanton Park
- American Restaurants, Fine Dining Restaurants, Bar & Grills, Restaurants