Caribbean BestAdd to mybook
- General Info:
- Caribbean Best Restaurant is a fusion of the world's best foods! The lush vegetation found in the Caribbean, bearing exotic fruits, vegetables and nuts, has influenced Caribbean cookery. To define any particular trend or influence is very difficult because each island has had different histories. As a result Caribbean cooking has evolved as a fusion of various influences. The English, French, Spanish, Dutch, East Indians, Chinese, native Amerindians and other nationalities brought their recipes, which were adopted and changed by West Indians. The major ethnic group in the Caribbean is descended from Africans who were brought to the Caribbean as slaves. As a result the African influence on food in the Caribbean is quite visible in most, if not, all of the islands. The use of ground provisions, dasheen bush (taro) and ochroes to produce callaloo, peas and beans, the use of hot peppers and the cooking methods of stewing and grilling on open coal fires have been greatly influenced by Africans. They also developed dishes using pig's feet, cow's heel and ox tails (parts discarded by the plantation owners). Spices from India, the far East, Europe combined with West Indian flavors, nutmeg, Chadon Beni (Cilantro), bay leaves and other preservatives used by the Amerindians, the original natives of these islands, have greatly influenced the cuisine of the Caribbean. East Indian food in the Caribbean is essentially a blending of flavors and colors.
- * Jerk Chicken * Curry Chicken * Brown Stew Chicken * Escoveiched Fish * Steamed Fish * Brown Stew Fish * Ackee and Salt Fish * Rice and Peas * Vegetables * Potato Salad * Fried Plantain * Patties Beef and Chicken * Co Co Bread Drinks: * Fruit Punch * Carrot Juice * Ginger Pineapple * Can Soda * Bottle Soda Catering For All Occasions, Call Now To Schedule Your Next Event!
- Payment method:
- amex, discover, visa, mastercard
- Located in the Heart of the Vibrant H Street Corridor
- Capitol Hill, Southeast Washington, Stanton Park, Northeast Washington
- Caribbean Restaurants, Restaurants