I really do like YAS and love the atmosphere.\nI think my experience has been changing as ...\n\nWhen I first joined YAS the garage doors were open and had this wonderful fresh air coming through and now \nthe doors are closed and replaced with a glass garage door. If this is going to be the normal routine now can you please at least install some fans or some way to bring fresh air into the place? Unfortunately pic... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
YAS Fitness Centers - VeniceAdd to mybook
Mon-Fri. 5:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.\nSat. 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.\nSun. 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Great workouts. Great instructors. Great music. This center combines killer cardio workouts with yoga for athletes & everyday people.
- Indoor Cycling & Yoga, Yoga Plus Weights
- YAS Yoga and Sportswear
- Yoga for Athletes
- General Info:
- about YAS YAS Fitness Center was founded in 2001 by Kimberly Fowler, a triathlete and health and fitness expert, looking for a way to make yoga more relevant to athletes. YAS attracts strong, powerful and capable people looking for another way to strengthen and push their physical bodies. YAS instructors do not want to be anyone's guru, they want to share their experiences with yoga and in-door cycling to help students build strength and flexibility. Join us at YAS for some hard work and fun, and meet other like-minded people using yoga to improve their athletic performance. Kimberly offers her signature YOGA for ATHLETES , a one-hour class focused on yoga poses geared to help an athlete with his or her performance in any sport. YOGA for ATHLETES focuses on the areas of the body that are the most used and thus the tightest and most injury prone for athletes the hips, knees, lower back and shoulders. The class is packed with movement start to finish in an effort to give students a great workout, and build strength and flexibility.
- Payment method:
- amex, master card, visa
- Venice, West Los Angeles, Oakwood
- Health & Fitness Program Consultants, Health Clubs, Gymnasiums, Yoga Instruction, Physical Fitness Consultants & Trainers, Exercise & Physical Fitness Programs, Weight Control Services
Keep away from this club. The owner threatened and harassed me when I objected to her playing Satanic music by Led Zeplin. Led Zeppelin is Satanic to the core. In the song "Houses of the Holy," Robert Plant (lead singer) speaks of Satan's daughter and making her garden grow (a sexual reference). The album cover displays naked women crawling towards the top of the temple. It's sickening in the name of ... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag Abuse
What can I say, I've always been intrigued by the mysteriously generic gray building on the corner of Abbot Kinney and Westminster. Even more, I was completely intimidated by the garage full of sweaty, yelping people pedaling their brains out to FANTASTIC music early in the morning. On my first visit, I came with a friend to a level 1-2 yoga class. And man was I pleasantly surprised! I was first struck by the tea... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
Hey guys take this yas class it's fantastic, energizing and refreshing!!\r\nI am a beginner and novice In the art of yoga and spinning...but let me tell you the instructor Melissa makes you feel comfortable when unsure and encourages you when you are tired. The class is not overwhelming for beginners and rigorous enough for the experts.\r\nGreat job Melissa keep up the good work! \r\nWill definitely be taking your cl... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
YAS was first introduced to me & my family by our realtor/YAS member. The combination of spinning & yoga has been the best thing for our family. Like many other high powered individuals at YAS, each person attends classes that fit his/her personality & needs. Each teacher brings their own personality to the class, even though the classes are choreographed to the YAS profile. \r\nKim Fowler has such popular yoga clas... view moreLike this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch
Always get a reat workout from both yoga and spinning. The instructors are knowledgable and outgoing. \r\nYoga for Athletes has increased my flexibility, strength and performance in all the other sports I participate.\r\nI would rather be on my road bike but when the weather & the lack of time works against me I know I can jump into one of their many spin classes and get in a really grueling workout.Like this review?Yes|Flag AbuseProvided by Citysearch