Banfield Pet Hospital
8801 Southside Blvd , Suite 3, Jacksonville, FL 32256
I have now been to Banfield 3 times in the last 6 weeks and have the following feedback to provide. Banfield pushes their own pharmacy Rx's and supplements, they are NOT open to patients asking questions or looking for reasonable alternatives for more cost effective care. We are going for a follow up in 2 weeks at a different location and will reevaluate if it is the Company or isolated to this location. Please see full notes from our previous 3 visits on Yelp.
* Multiple occasions where it appears they have not looked at recent history in the record such as failure to ask about medications prescribed during previous visits and the outcomes.
* The staff asking the patient's owner what antibiotic the pet is taking when the vet at Banfield is the one who prescribed the Rx previously and it should be in the record.
* Pushing for the same unnecessary elective procedure on multiple occasions within a 6 week period.
* Prescribing name brand medications and not selling less expensive generics.
* When asked to prescribe a generic to pick up at another pharmacy there is attitude from staff.