What does the National Alliance on Mental Illness do in Kansas?
* With our affiliates, we provide education, peer support, and advocacy for people living with mental illness, and their families and friends.
* We advocate for improved community-based care for people living with mental illness, such as improved access to medication, housing, and supported employment.
* We work to improve institutions and organizations in Kansas that serve people living with mental illness.
* We help show the importance of funding research on mental illness.
* We provide free education programs to the community regarding mental illness and its treatment.
* We advocate to eliminate discrimination and stigma against people living with mental illness.
Most NAMI activities are free of charge. You do not need to be a member to participate. But your membership and your contributions make NAMI stronger and better able to accomplish our important mission.