Great coupons every week in the Sunday paper. The selection of craft, frames and holiday decorations is huge.
- General Info:
- We celebrate the ideas, both big & small, that inspire your imagination and the more important things in your life. Whether you love arts, crafts, framing, floral, home decor or scrapbooking, visit us at your Sunnyvale Michaels or Shop Online at our new website 24/7! Michaels: Where Creativity Happens. Teachers receive 15% off their entire in-store purchase including classroom supplies, and members of the Military and Seniors enjoy 10% off their entire in-store purchase. Visit Michaels.com for the most up-to-date Extended Holiday Hours.
- Extra Phones:
Fax: (408) 736-9308
- ArtMinds®, Artist's Loft®, Ashland®, Bead Landing®, Celebrate It®, Craft Smart®, Creatology®, Imagin8®, Loops & Threads®, Rainbow Loom®, Recollections®, Studio Decor®
- Payment method:
- visa, amex, discover, master card, cash, check
- De Anza, Cumberland West, Sunnyvale West
- Art Supplies, Arts & Crafts Supplies, Home Decor, Scrapbooking, Beads, Picture Frames, Craft Supplies, Stationery Stores, Wedding Supplies & Services, Bakers Equipment & Supplies, Flowers, Plants & Trees-Silk, Dried, Etc.-Retail, Knit Goods, Yarn
- Other Information:
Specialties: Cross Stitch, Collectibles & Memorabilia, Mementos, Needlework, Photos & Portraits, Artwork, Photographs, Framed Art, Originals, Needlepoint, Awards, Keepsakes, Pictures
06/05/2008Provided by Citysearch -
I am a frequent Michael's shopper and I spent over $200 per month in average. When I finished a project, I usually would have items that haven't used and did not need. I have, of course, returned things at this store a few times, and one of the staffs recognized me. When I checkout today with a heatgun and some glitter to use for my new embossing project, I said to the cashier, ""I finally found what I need!"" (as I have asked her where the heatgun is located.) And then this staff who remembered my face gave my cashier a funny look, and they both laughed. I didn't think of it much as I thought they're just joking about something else.
Then after a moment, she said to my cashier aloud, ""She is going to come back and return them.""
My cahsier was a bit startled and asked, ""huh? what did you say?""
Now I couldn't believe that staff, as if assuming I do not understand English, replied, ""I said she is going to be back and return them.""
My cashier did not answer, and pretended not understanding her.
I walked out of the door for a minute or so, poundering. Needless to say, I went back to the store right on the spot and determined to return all the things that I just bought.
The staff who gave the insulting comment was not in sight when I returned, and the cashier who helped me apologized for her behavior. She tried to soothe me and said, ""Didn't you say you need these dear?"" I simply replied, ""I'm just doing what she told me to do, I am coming back and returning them."" She offered to have me speak to the manager. But I did not want to aggrevate matter to the extend that I wanted to have her fired or have her record blemished, so I declined her offer and just returned the items. I was upset. But not that the manager would care anyway.
In general, cashiers in this store are grumpy most of the time. I wouldn't mind if they make fun of their customers behind their backs, but insulting customers in their face is absolutely unacceptable.