California Pizza Kitchen
- General Info:
- California Pizza Kitchen, founded in 1985, is a chain of restaurants that offers authentic California-style cuisine. It has more than 200 locations in over 25 U.S. states. With a location in Studio City, Calif., the restaurant serves salads, pasta dishes, soups, sandwiches, desserts and appetizers. Its specialties include chicken and shrimp jambalaya, barbecue chicken chopped salad and shrimp rolls. The restaurant has a bar that offers various beer and wines, such as chardonnays, sparkling wines, merlots and cabernets. It also provides a children s program for schools and organizations that includes restaurant tours and incentive awards for accomplishments in fundraising events. California Pizza Kitchen has an alliance with Kraft Pizza Company, a subsidiary of Kraft Foods, to distribute a line of premium frozen pizzas through supermarkets and other retail outlets.
- Payment method:
- master card, visa, amex, diners club, discover, all major credit cards
- California Pavilion
- Studio City, South Valley
- Pizza Dough Rewards Program
- Pizza, Restaurants, Take Out Restaurants, American Restaurants, Italian Restaurants
- Other Information:
Bike Parking: Yes
Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
Cuisines: American, Take Out, Italian, European, Continental, Pizza
Alcohol: Beer, Full Bar, Wine
Takes Reservations: Yes
Outdoor Seating: No
Price Range : Average
The atmosphere is nice, and the waitstaff are friendly, fast, and on point. I've always had a wonderful dining experience here. the food is pretty decent. I'll say that some of the pizzas are bland. One of the better pizzas is the Original Barbeque Chicken Pizza. The Wild Mushroom, Traditional, Pepperoni, and Five-Cheese & Fresh Tomato pizzas are pretty bland. For the pastas, any one of them are delicious.
It was my aunts birthday and she wasn't planing anything formal so we took her out to have dinner at CPK. Service was outstanding as always.Our waiter even helped my super picky sister order something not on the regular menu. Our drinks were refilled and our waiter brought us anything we needed. Everything was hot, fresh tasting and made exactly as we ordered it. Everyone stuffed themselves and we were completely satisfied. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great dining experience in this part of town. Outstanding
11/30/2005Provided by Citysearch -
this is a good place to go for lunch, if you have time to wait for your food. service is always on the slow side, so lunch will usually take you approximately 1 1/2 hours. the thai chicken pizza is always good as are the chinese chicken salad and the shrimp spring rolls. stay-at-home moms with all their kids and business people are always the staple customers you'll see in here.
10/17/2005Provided by Citysearch -
I am sad to say that CPK has made a major change in all of their restaurants. The have recently made them into SPORTS VIDEO BARS with food. They are NO LONGER family friendly. Alchohol is their theme along with wide screen televisions pumping sports at you from all angles. What a pity that someone in their corporate offices convinced those in power that waiting lines for seating and large groups of customers are out of style. When I went in recently and discovered the changes, the place was more than half empty at 7:00 pm.
09/12/2002Provided by Citysearch -
What a nice and happy place! From the minute you walk in all you see are smiles and happy faces. The people that work here seem to love there job. I was seated pretty quick even though the place was packed and my waiter was (james) so nice and very helpful. He knew the menu and what he was selling . I had some pasta with mushrooms and it was messy messy!! But very good! My only regret? I didnt take my leftovers home...
09/09/2002Provided by Citysearch -
Everyone I've talked to about this restaurant has stated that its the best pizza you could possibly get in California. I ordered the bbq chicken pizza due to the fact that on the menu it says its CPK most popular pizza. I have regrets. It was good as far as food goes. But I shouldve went with a more traditional italian style pizza. The pizzas are somewhat small about 8 inches and carry 6 slices. Its a 1 person serving. My waiter and every employee I seen were more than cordial. I plan on going back sometime. Even though this restaurants a little overhyped it seemed as if it was worth a second chance.
05/21/2002Provided by Citysearch -
If you've eaten at one California Pizza Kitchen ... you've eaten at all of them. The food is predictable, but decent. And if you're in the mood for pizza, salad, sandwiches or pasta, you won't be disappointed. While the atmosphere could use some updating, this chain is an excellent place for families. Kids have their own menu and plenty of crayons and paper to occupy their time. The service is usually fast. I'd recommend CPK for a quick bite at a reasonable price.