I would highly recommend this hospital! My 10 year old lab, Cali, had stopped eating, started throwing up, and seemed very uncomfortable. I ended up taking her into this hospital around 11:30PM and the staff was very welcoming. They got my information and brought Cali into the back within 15 minutes of being there. They ran a few tests and found out Cali had pancreatitis. I had to leave her there for a couple days. I called probably three times a day to check on her and the staff was v...view moreery knowledgable about my dog and happy to tell me how she was doing. The doctor there also kept me updated and was helpful in keeping the bill within my budget. I would definiely go back if I ever needed to!view lessShare Review
Animal Emergency CentreAdd to mybook
- BBB Rating:
- Social Links:
- Visit Twitter Page | Visit Facebook Page
- General Info:
- Hours Of Operation Open 24 Hours for Weekends & Holidays & 6pm - 8 Am Mon - Thurs Please Visit Our Web Site For More Information
- Animal Emergency Centre is a Los Angeles pet emergency room offering after-hours veterinary care to local pets. Located in the Studio City area of Los Angeles, our emergency veterinary clinic is fully accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association as a state-of-the-art animal emergency center. We opened the Animal Emergency Centre in 1980. Our primary goal is to work with your pet's regular veterinarian to provide the absolute finest pet emergency room care in Los Angeles. We are open when your veterinarian is not. Our hours are Monday through Thursday from 6 pm to 8 am, we open Friday at 6 pm and remain open until 8 am Monday, providing 24-hour emergency veterinary care throughout the weekend and on holidays. Our phone number is 818-392-4035. In 2005 we moved to our new location at 11730 Ventura Blvd, Studio City, CA 91403 (map). It is one of the preeminent custom-designed veterinary hospitals and is optimal for providing emergency and critical pet care. Our veterinary hospital serves as the Blood and Anti-Venom Bank for the San Fernando Valley and the greater Los Angeles area. Because of this, we are able to handle snake bite and severe trauma emergency situations. Los Angeles Animal Emergency Services Our Los Angeles animal emergency services also includes advanced emergency veterinary techniques to diagnose and treat a variety of urgent care conditions or injuries. Our facility has a state of the art Intensive Care Unit to monitor and rehabilitate severely injured or ill pets. We also offer echocardiology, ultrasonography, endoscopy, and digital radiography for quick and accurate diagnoses. On-site immediate laboratory analyzers, including hematology, blood chemistry and coagulation, toxin screenings are also utilized to speed up the diagnosis and recovery process. Our pet hospital is equipped with the latest technologies, including blood pressure monitors, respiratory ventilators, and pediatric incubators. Also, every cage is equipped with heat and oxygen to provide immediate access for every patient. Since we are a pet urgent care center we do not make appointments. We accept walk-in patients only. As we see pets who are usually injured or sick, sometimes we may go out of order of arrival for an animal that is in imminent danger. This is referred to as a triage method, where the most urgent cases are always handled first. We ask that you understand the nature of our practice and we will attend to your pet as quickly possible. We also suggest that you call before leaving home so that we can advise you concerning your pet's emergency. Our licensed veterinarians at the Studio City Animal Emergency Centre are especially trained for pet emergency room care. Likewise, our caring support staff is trained for emergency pet care situations. Generally, we see dogs and cats. However, if you own an exotic pet that needs a pet emergency room, it is likely that one of our veterinarians is familiar with your pet type-but call ahead to our Studio City veterinary hospital to be sure at 818-392-4035. If your pet has suffered a sudden injury or is critically ill, there is no better animal hospital in Los Angeles than the Pet Emergency Centre.
- Payment method:
- paypal, all major credit cards, amex, master card, visa
- South Valley, Studio City
- Aaha American Hospital,Association
- Veterinarian Emergency Services, Veterinarians, Veterinary Clinics & Hospitals
- Other Information:
Price Range : Average
AEC just saved my 18 year old kitty from kidney failure, and given her another chance at life.
I've been going to this hospital for years, and they continue to provide excellent medical care and great customer service. Even when I've been stressed emotionally and/or financially they've always come through for me. They've spent time consoling me, reassuring me, and helping me financially. I really have to thank each and every staff member for the the compassion, concern, and knowled...view morege that they display. You are the best!!!view less
I can hardly write this review, but I felt I needed to thank this wonderful hospital and doctors. My 16 year old poodle with heart failure was on her last leg, and could barely breathe. She was wheezing so hard and I didn't know what to do. I took her to the Animal Emergency Center, and the doctor was so caring and up front with me. He treated me and my sweetheart like family members and helped us through this time of sorrow. He was extremely consoling when my beloved was put down, and...view more the receptionist even held my hand. Bless their souls.view lessShare Review
I recently adopted a kitten from a shelter "Gus" who seemed to be the class clown of his caged bunch of kittens, I fell in love just watching him pounce around his cage, I thought, this would be the perfect mate for my 2 year old lab who loves to play but 2 dogs were just to much for the amount of space I live in so a kitten would be a perfect play friend for my lab Buster.
Up and down and all around all night and all day the two play, and I mean all night!!!!!!!, Gu...view mores jumps on Busters head Buster runs with the Gus attached to his head till he jumps off and runs. well 2 am everyone is sleeping in the house hold I can't believe this, I happen to wake up briefly to the snoring sound of Buster, as I went to close my eyes again I happen to notice Gus taking off flying across the bed to jump on Buster, Well he Missed and ended up smacking into the edge of my night stand, he shriek like I have never heard him shriek before. I got out of bed immediately and went to check him I noticed he wasn't using his front leg at all, I knew what this meant, in the carrier and away we go to the ER.
Thankfully I had been to this Emergency Vet before and knew what a great place it was.
I handed them Gus over the counter and asked them to see if he needed pain meds. one look at the leg and they said "oh yes", Dr.Reis requested to take some x-rays and the Results found a fracture that thankfully was easy to treat with time and a splint,so away back home we went pain meds and all, Bad news for Gus and Buster no hard play for awhile but the great news is the EC of Studio city fixed my pet once again.view less
I highly recommend animal emergency centre in studio city for all veterinary emergencies. The entire staff is knowledgeable and courteous. My dog was diagnosed with a bloat about a month ago in the middle of the night and needed emergency surgery. I was called with any changes during his recovery and could call anytime I needed to be updated during his 2 day stay. Dr. Cavanaugh and the entire saved took the very best care of my boy as if he was their own.Share Review
I was referred to this place from VCA Burbank after my cat was blocked. He needed to be monitored overnight because he was still having some complications. The minute I walked into the door I had a bad feeling about the place. The front desk people were very short with me because I had several questions and concerns about the costs of keeping my cat overnight. The vet that I saw seemed to have not taken the time to read the chart that I had brought from my other vet. He seemed to be co...view morempletely clueless as to my cat's history and what had been done to him that last 24 hours. I was specifically told to call after 8 pm to speak with the vet to find out what the plan was for my pet, and when I called I was told by a very rude vet tech (April) that the vet would not be available her entire shift to speak to me for 5 min about my pet. I was basically told that no vet would even look at my cat until the next morning. This was very disappointing since I was questioning whether or not another night of hospitalization was even necessary. And I was paying over $500 for my cat to be on monitored on fluids for one day. I am VERY disappointed with the customer service at this vet and I will not be bringing any of my pets here again. I would rather drive a little farther to find a vet that actually cares about the well-being of my pet and is willing to address the fact that I would like to speak directly to a doctor and not just a vet tech. I think as a paying customer, this is not too much to ask.view lessShare Review
Animal Emergency Center saved my cat after it was attacked by a Coyote. They were extremely compassionate, fairly priced, and have a very high level of expertise. I will always bring my animals to this hospital! If only they could treat me as well!Share Review
I've been to multiple emergency clinics in the past, and this one is by far the most competent and compassionate.
I brought my dog in 1 month ago because he had collapsed and his belly was distended. The staff rushed him immediately to the treatment room and started to give him fluids for shock. In a few minutes, a very competent doctor showed me some x-rays and told me my dog had Bloat! The doctor said his stomach had twisted and he would die without emergency surgery. My beloved p...view moreet was rushed to surgery, and hospitalized for 3 days. The cost wasn't cheap, but I now have my lifelong buddy back, and can never thank them enough!
If only my physician could be as caring and skilled!view less
I just wanted to say that this facility was incredibly kind, caring, and overall excellent. Although my cat did not make it, they were gracious and did all that they could. They're extremely knowledgeable and I would recommend them to anyone with an emergency.Share Review
I took my cat here Sunday at 11 pm when 3 other places in the valley had at least a 2 hour wait to be seen. I was hesitant because of the 2 negative reviews, but had no choice. They took him right in and diagnosed him with liver failure. While we mourn his loss we do appreciate that he was treated so quickly here and did not have his suffering prolonged. The staff was very compassionate with him and with me and my two teenaged children in handling the whole experience. I highly rec...view moreomend this center to anyone for compassionate, efficient animal care. They were even so kind as to send a condolence card a few days later and that meant a lot to my kids and me.view lessShare Review