Completely damaged our furniture and lost items. The owner, Chris is rude, arrogant, and unprofessional. He doesn't want to take responsibility for damages items, some of which were antique and told me my items were "expensive dust collectors". I will be taking the matter to the BBB as well as filing in court. He's a complete crook!!Share Review
1 Guy 1 Truck 1 TrailerAdd to mybook
- BBB Rating:
- General Info:
- About 1 Guy, 1 Truck, 1 Trailer was founded in October 2009 by owner Chris Barry, a native of northern Virginia. He had been running the company as a side business since 2005 and when he was laid off from his full-time job in that tough economic year, took this business full time. He has never looked back. Chris Barry knows the highways and byways of this area, which can be important during rush hour times or when navigating hard-to-find back roads. We're not literally one guy with one truck anymore; over the years, Chris Barry has assembled a top-notch team of experienced movers, all with a minimum of several years' moving experience. They are honest, punctual and hardworking, and for the security of our customers, all employees are fully bonded. Background checks are performed prior to hiring. 1 Guy, 1 Truck, 1 Trailer is fully licensed and insured, carrying a $1 Million general liability policy as well as $50,000 of cargo insurance. For insurance verification, we will give you access to our insurance agency, upon request, as well as our Certificate of Insurance.
- * Residential Moves * Interior Moves * Packing Services * Industrial Moves * Transport Of Bulky Items * Vehicle, Motorcycle and Boat Transport * Shop Tool Chest Transport * Single-Item Delivery * Junk Hauling and Disposal * College Move-In and Move-Out * Pull-Out Service (Similar To Tow Truck)
- Payment method:
- all major credit cards
- Serving All of Northern Virginia
- Twisted Oak Bussiness Condominiums
- Snow Removal Service, Movers, Moving Services-Labor & Materials, Shipping Services, Delivery Service, Messenger Service, Express & Transfer Service
Wow. What a bad experience. I don't do negative reviews and never do personally negative reviews but this is so bad that I don't want others to have a similar experience.
If you need garbage removal Chris is fine but do not have him move anything.
First, he moved us on a Sunday which was fine. But, then told us - after the fact - that there was a 4-hour minimum for weekend work. I wish he would have told us in advance but fair enough, it was Sunday. It was 45 minutes of wo...view morerk.
Second, we hired him to move some fragile items that did not come over in our primary move. We specifically had 12 lego buildings and 3 Kinect sculptures that are important to my son. I thought it was odd when he didn't wrap anything in paper or use boxes - just started loading into his trailer. Every single piece was destroyed - literally every single one. I don't mean a couple of pieces fell off - I mean there was a pile of legos on the floor of our home. Also, destroyed a glass lampshade - again no wrapping. It was so bad that it was funny. I took pictures and attached to review.
Unfortunately, when Chris was done, I did not go and look at everything and paid him in full, with the weekend premium, and a 20% tip on top of it. I guess I am a sucker. When I saw what happened I called Chris and discussed the absurdity of the move. He told me that his worker did the damage and that he doesn't use boxes (strange for a mover to not use boxes) but he handled it well and we agreed that he would send me a check for 50% back. Considering the horrid work, I thought that was very fair. I have all of the texts and happy to share if you are considering working with this guy.
So, two weeks go by and no check. I texted him and he said "next week". Two more weeks go by and still nothing - he texted that he was short on cash but thought the following week. Then last week, he stopped responding to my texts. Again, can share texts with you.
I have written off the few hundred dollars in question but want to warn others. Unprofessional with no packing or boxes. Beyond atrocious quality work. Misled on weekend estimate. Lied to me about paying me. Now, he won't respond. I can't imagine a worse experience. Stay away.view less